Is there any more need for X-Files aka PD's service?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PaulDesmond, Sep 15, 2015.

?

Is there any more need for X-Files

Poll closed Sep 22, 2015.
  1. I like X-Files to be continued

80.6%
  2. No more X-Files

12.4%
  3. I don't know

7.0%
  1. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    After a deep concern about my work for MDL, I decided to open this poll since individuals do not stop posting Bullsh!t.

Since individuals have doubts upon the integrity of my files or better say the authentic of MSDN data which I simply copied directly from MSDN site, I simply would like to know if I shall continue my service which took me many many hours in all past years until today.
    Let me know if the Jukebox is still attractive for you.

Honestly I would save a grand for one year if it is not needed any more.

So guys vote upon your future. I'm curious

2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Of course we need you matey lol

Already voted I like X-Files to be continued. :cool:

The other day was looking for an iso file and grrrr! :D

3. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    #3 thorin0815, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Hmm, I downloaded all my ISOs directly and for free from Microsoft. Are your versions any different? If not, why not save the money and time and have an extra old Whiskey or two instead. :)

Edit: My Win 10 ISOs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    booze is welcome for THE reason but I think you could not load some specialties which you only get with expensive access

5. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    I think your jukebox is one of the most complete and trustworthy solutions for downloading official ISOs next to the MSDN subscriber area, at least for me and to my knowledge. So yes, your service is much appreciated.

Let the clowns be clowns, don't give too much about them. The hashes are all there, and people can always go and confirm them on MSDN since they are all freely available, so what's the big deal? Seems with all the telemetry and spying in people's minds they don't trust no one anymore.

6. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    i think if you want to do it then do it, if not then not.
    im not long on this board but you already pulled back all of your files once, then you brought them back. i mean if you do this for getting alot of attention, thanks and a bigger ego then i think it's the wrong decission to keep on going. there will be always people hating on you and other people this should not stop you doing stuff like x files.
    but if you just do it because you want attention, thanks and a bigger ego you should better quit. it's not like im using it anyway because im not using torrents and also never share anything over the net but this is just my personal thing. many people will miss it i think but if you are gone for some time some one will fill the empty space up.

thank you for doing this but apperently you don't want to do it anymore so just stop it and be happy

7. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    you saved my ass a few times thks a lot.

8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Don't need it. Probably never will.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    I like X-Files to be continued

Yes, of course, you cant blame us all because a few people dont appreciate your work

10. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    of course we need YOU!
    baka! who say NO FOR WHAT YOU OFFER! :D
    KEEP IT ALIVE PD ;)

11. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    It's not like it takes up space, and is a convenience for some. Personally I already have all of these that I need on flash drives and would only ever use English. But by the looks of it, on the post, lots of people went to your post instead of MS.

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I guess a lot of people would be happy with it but then you will get the wining back also so it is up to you ;)

13. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I guess it really comes down to what you want to do PD. Personally, if possible the hard to find, hard to get stuff would be my priority. Anything that can be had from MS publicly really doesn't need a mirror, their servers are usually able to handle any load.

As always, I certainly appreciate the effort/time/money you put into all of your projects. :v:

14. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Keep 'em going!!!

:hug2:

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

15. heslo

heslo MDL Junior Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Of course continue if you can :) Don't let the haters detract from your good work!!!

16. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    Jukebox is the first place I look when I need an ISO. Thank you, and keep up the good work.

17. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @PaulDesmond
    Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage, so please don't give up!

18. alperi75

alperi75 MDL Senior Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Micro$oft has removed MSDN OS subscription so the "cheapest" option is MSDN Platforms.

It will be more difficult to get all isos.

19. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    My understanding is that it cost you much to keep it running and those ISO files can easily be downloaded from Microsoft and other sources. I would suggest you scrap it to save you some expenses.

20. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Paul, I wouldn't try to guestimate the thousands of times I posted something similar to this: If what You're doing makes You Happy, continue doing it. When it isn't fun anymore it's time to give it up. I've been around the P2P scene a Long time, Lots of Sites, too many Tags to count. And in every instance I reached a point of burnout in trying to give freely what others are only going to Complain about getting Free. Peeps seem to have nothing but a gimme, gimme, gimme, I'm Entitled attitude. And it seems like for each person saying they appreciate what You do, there's another one (Usually pretending to be More than one) bitchin and moaning. I'm Thankful for the XFiles and Jukebox and will vote you keep doing it, but it's entirely up to You.