Is there any more need for X-Files aka PD's service?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PaulDesmond, Sep 15, 2015.

?

Is there any more need for X-Files

Poll closed Sep 22, 2015.
  1. I like X-Files to be continued

80.6%
  2. No more X-Files

12.4%
  3. I don't know

7.0%
  1. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    :g:

PD only hosts original MSDN ISO's with the officially MS published checksum(s). Otherwise and in accordance with MDL rules they wouldn't be allowed. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I think I had it posted sometimes already: I'm under surveillance of BSA with my company and private as well! So, using copy software is something I really have to be carefully!!

My own download speed from, let say 98% of the sites I visit, is excellent include torrents, if I need them. So, it has nothing to do with my ISP, except for sure, they had limit some sites and PD's is may one of them! The max I was getting from PD's JukeBox were about 400kBps while my full download speed would be ~4.2MB/s! Anyway, torrents are different because the download speed also depends on Seeders etc. and therefore that will all times lower than the max the user could get from his ISP!

It's simply a personal matter that for my own use, PD's JukeBox isn't useful and therefore no 'needed'!

My comment were not in any means, against what Paul is doing, that's completely up to him. He started that poll with some questions, so were my answer, and that's what he was asking for (in general)!

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @pisthai
    Fortunately those who have voted "No more X-Files", including you, are the minority, phew!!! :D
    Otherwise a huge amount of users couldn't have access to original files from MSDN. Oh yes, I said original files whether you like or not they are original ones. Any thousand words explaining why yours are original and others don't are meaningless, why?:
    SHA-1 rules. :tea:

Btw DL speed for me (Mexico) has always been good :cool:

4. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Looking at all the people who read the post, only 5% took the time (.005sec) to click on voting. Not really good odds. :biggrin: Just a dig.

I thought he wanted an honest answer.

Some people might have voted no because this has to be the silliest most ridiculous post I have come across on MDL. To stop a thread because of a few problems due to only a certain people is childish, and then you look at the numbers of people who said thanks on the actual post, and you feel the need to ask. DAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Then there's the fact that maybe some said no due to the comments made by the person.

Just because of a few silly problems, there's no reason to ask, and what about all the new people coming and people who haven't come. I'm sure that most of you will link them to the X files so they can get what they want and not need to worry.

The X files are only helpful, makes it easy for people to get loads that might be hard for most, they will never be a drain on the forum, never hurt anyone, never have any malware.

So it's pretty easy to see the forest through the tree's. The only reason this was posted was due to an ego that needed to be stroked. Sorry, just being honest.

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    I got your point, I know what you mean and quite plausible (the ego part)
    If so, lets PD have his ego to be stroked a bit, sometimes we all do the same lol
    Humans after all no?
    We all love you Paul... PLEASE DON'T SHUT DOWN YOUR ISOS FOUNTAIN!!!! lol
    :cheers:

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    So, that seems you're one of those guy's who like dishonest answers?! Or just to start an argument?!

A poll is simply that: A Poll!! Take it for that and let everybody chose what he/she likes, same as YOU chose for YOURSELF!

7. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    OMG, I'm human, TY, then why do I keep getting flees ?:p

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Exactly just starting an argument, well not an argument I just don't want to argue anything indeed.
    Just venting my thoughts on your comments that's it. Don't take it personal, alright pisthai?

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Fleas you mean to say don't you? hahahahaha
    You are odiebugs1 don't you? What is it you expected? :biggrin:

10. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    It's my paws, FLEES- LMAO

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    YOU simply have put it personal be naming me! And that's something I never would like! And so is my answer!

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    ego-wise I must disappoint some of you guys. The simply fact of that poll was to make a decision if I renew my MSDN sub or not, deadline was yesterday ... lol
    When I saw the pre-results in that poll I immediately hit the renew button which allows me to load another year for you with even extended content :D

13. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Thank you for your time, money, efforts and have fun Paul!!!!
    I really appreciate them.

14. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #54 odiebugs1, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Or until someone makes you mad and you close the thread, AGAIN. :ranting::empathy3:

I was just wondering, but I tried to find what these people did, I don't see any posts, does anyone know what they did to Paul ?

Mr Black Viper aka Ice-T, Acura or AverageJoe.

15. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I think you went about this all wrong !
    If you are going to do something for the community then just do it and don't start talking about money. The minute you start talking about money it makes you look like a showboat expecting praise for your sacrifice. The reason should be you do it because you want to, don't expect thanks for it ! If your mind isn't with it then don't do it !

16. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    I think he also wants it, he must to some degree, because otherwise I'm sure he wouldn't do it. I mean, what else can he get out of it than a little praise, and doesn't he deserve a little? He's paying money to get that content, yes, but he's not selfish in regards to keeping it only for himself. He could just as well go and say "hey, I paid a lot of money for it, why should you get it for free?" Plus, it also takes some effort to provide all that content, and it's not that the community pays him for that (at least money-wise. Respect and appreciation is something else). Another point is that it's also a legal risk for him to share that content.

Maybe the inclusion of money into the equation makes it a showboat, but I don't really care because money is involved in almost every process in our society, so everybody who's giving something away is suspect to searching for praise and put into that category, whether he wants it or not, whether or not we talk about it.

17. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    As most of the users obviously do..!
    Forget a few hators...
    So thanks Paul... :worthy:

18. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    You missed the thread where PD was called a N**i and found it very offensive, it was also posted that he only got privileges to open/close the X-Files thread because he must be sleeping with an admin (or something like that) – because Yen gave him privileges to open/close the X-Files thread. The result of this poll is overwhelming, the majority appreciate the access to official MSDN ISO’s. Much of the content of the thread is again as predictable as day turns to night - PD knows it too.

19. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #59 Nucleus, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    No mate. Sadly it continued in the chat box with all manner of silly accusations against PD and ppl refusing to stop despite being asked politely. Anyway odiebugs asked what someone may have done to Paul so I mentioned it.

Edit: btw - No, never seen Seinfeld.

20. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015