Is there anything great about Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MonarchX, Apr 21, 2015.

1. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
  2. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    bla bla bla bla, all useless gimmicks...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012

GTFO

Especially the last one - what are you smoking? How could a buggy PoS unfinished pre-release heap be stabler than a final fully updated OS?

Some people just need a Hi-5
    In the face
    With a chair

DX10? lmao, you know DX10 is supported since Vista right?

And the rest of your list, just useless bloatware, sh1t I'd remove from an OEM machine before even thinking about using it

4. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    Not the improved settings, no one has never changed the default control panel..

5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    The classic Win 7 control panel is miles ahead of Win 10s new cr4p

Everything about Win 10 is useless Metro ported sh1t with no functionality

MS thinks everyone only has a left mouse button now it seems, where are all my right click context menus gone from the start menu?

6. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    Ok but to me of this your existential drama what i care? That is, i mean...i have only replied to this your idea:

"And the rest of your list, just useless bloatware, sh1t I'd remove from an OEM machine before even thinking about using it"

You already know the rest of the speech...

7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I'm stopping talking to you now because you make no sense

8. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Twice.

Or the hug. With the rope. 'round the neck.

But your chair face hi-5 will be remembered by me now, everytime I look at the new crappy W10 settings screens.

9. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    Aaaaah...sorry i'm confuse OEM in the sentence (in practice you prefer remove all this "s**t" from your installation), however...i can change my reply to you with telling that in this situation, your existential drama remain only your point of view, and nothing more, the problem of windows 10 are others.

10. everesee

everesee MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Directx 12.

Simple, right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. LEXX911

LEXX911 MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    So can we apply different BG for multiple desktops?

12. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    No, but you can send feedback.

13. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I would just like to thank all the posters for the valuable information about Windows 10. I only use a desktop/laptop, and am of the old school, who prefer the non touch interfaces. At the risk of getting laughed at, I still use DOS 6 for keeping a record of my most important data. My DOS database runs like a dream on a modern PC with Windows 8.1.

On a separate note, I posted about dual monitors some time ago. I wanted to run a second monitor on an older PC with only one VGA output. I bought a device from China for about £8 that works perfectly with Win 8.1. It came with an installation disc which has to be installed, otherwise you just have a blank screen. I was reluctant to install on my main setup, so have it on a separate older PC with the 2 VGA monitors. I do not want to break the rules, but if a Mod asked me I could post more details. To end I must say that the information on this forum is the best BY A MILE, and the Moderators do a fantastic job. My knowledge is way below that of the experts on here, and I hope they can forgive a few lesser users.

14. zippy1

zippy1 MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2009
    At the moment, I'd say personally that Windows 10 build 10074 is significantly worse than patched Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell by a LONG way.... In performance (though I know it is still full of debug code), looks and reliability.

15. mtrai

mtrai MDL Addicted

Apr 24, 2008
    There is no such thing as lesser users!!!! :clap::clap::clap: Anyhow the "experts" were once in your shoes, and further the "experts" are still learning trust me. On the hand there are "I think I know it all" users. Those are a different breed.

16. Patrykvdmeulen

Patrykvdmeulen MDL Junior Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I loved 8.1! :biggrin:

And now even more with 10!:biggrin:

usually the beta and RC is faster and lighter then RTM.

When Windows 7 reached RC it was really fast, faster then RTM.

17. I think if you are a touch-enabled device users, then you have a lot to look forward to but if you are a Desktop user, then maybe not. :D

18. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    You're wrong. I've tried both - Windows 7 & 8 Betas - Both were slower than their RTM builds.

19. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Usually early betas are slower, because the debugging code and additional services, but the tradition is that latest pre RTM builds are faster and better. Build 8400 is surely the best looking and fastest win 8 version ever.