Is this too off topic to ask about, the Windows 2007 dll thingy

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by sandipandi, Jun 8, 2010.

1. sandipandi

sandipandi MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2010
    I ask vaguely because I know we have a new policy here. I was trying to use some tools brought up in a few posts in April, but they not only had a trojan that had a keylogger (supposedly)....I just wanted to try the dll solution. I need 2007 since I am taking a 2007 course for pass/np at school. :confused: *cowers in fear*

2. WCCobra

WCCobra MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm lost. Are you talking about Office 2007 or Windows 7? Either way, the trail reset would provide you more than enough time for you to study for any test. Plus, most schools provide students with trail versions for studying.

3. sandipandi

sandipandi MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2010
    Thank you :) I installed the Windows 2007 Ultimate, but the only files I can find on the internet for the dll trick are .exe files, and I couldn't find many posts here about it. I think the method has gone the way of the dodo-bird.

I was talking about Office - I see I wrote Windows LOL. Doh!

Our college is so low budget - they only have the computers at the lab to work with, which is nice I suppose, but they are so grungy. I had like 20-something times to run Office but Excel randomly crashes, each time limiting how many times I can open it. I'm probably down to like 14 now LOL. I am halfway through my coursework though so if I have to reformat one more time I don't really care. I haven't had time to spiffy up the computer yet anyway. It's so annoying! I'm actually looking to buy Office but I can't believe how expensive it is still. Oh well, bite the bullet;)

4. WCCobra

WCCobra MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Students can buy the 2007 and 2010 versions pretty cheap from academic discount stores, but you'll still pay out the arse for it. I'll send you a PM