Is trump crazy?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by bobbee12, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbee12

bobbee12 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    From http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/02/15/relax-trump-is-stone-cold-sane.html

Let me issue the standard disclaimer of psychiatrists who discuss the mental health of public figures: I have not personally examined President Trump.
    Now, let me put to rest the concerns of Sen. Al Franken and political commentators John Oliver and Andrew Sullivan and anyone else who publicly or privately has questioned the president’s sanity:
    Donald Trump is stone cold sane.
    When a man acquires billions of dollars through complex real estate transactions, invests in many countries, goes on to phenomenal success in television and turns his name into a worldwide brand, it is very unlikely that he is mentally unstable.
    When the same man obviously enjoys the love and respect of his children and his wife, who seem to rely on him for support and guidance, it is extraordinarily unlikely that he is mentally unstable.
    When the same man walks into the political arena and deftly defeats 16 Republican opponents and then the Democratic heir-apparent to a two-term president’s administration, the odds of that man being mentally unstable become vanishingly thin.
    And when that very same man attracts to his team the kind of intellect and gravitas represented (to name just a few) by Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Dr. Ben Carson, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Secretary of Defense James Mattis, a retired Marine Corps general and commander of the U.S. Central Command, he cannot be mentally deranged. Period. It is a statistical impossibility.
    Those who assert otherwise are political opportunists, or fools, or both (and I am thinking here, in particular, of Sen. Franken).
    President Trump is the first human being to win this nation’s highest office without having held any other political office or serving as a general. Most political pundits thought his quest was pure folly. Most journalists assessed his chances as zero. So who was laboring under quasi-delusional thinking? Answer: Not Donald J. Trump.
    Anecdotally, by the way, I have never had one bad Trump experience. Not one. I own several of his ties — all of them of the highest quality. I have stayed in his hotels and never had a single complaint (and I am a born complainer). I have eaten in his New York restaurant — flawless service, excellent food. I own an apartment at Trump Place in Manhattan. Impeccable design, sturdy construction, fabulous amenities. A mentally unstable man would be unlikely to deliver superior products across multiple industries, don’t you think?
    If you’re still worried about the mental stability of the president, note this: The stock market doesn’t like instability. Investors, en masse, can take the measure of a man pretty darn well. The stock market has hit record high after record high since Trump’s election, and if you think that’s an accident, or that investors have all been fooled, it’s time to start wondering about your own capacity for rational thought.
    I should note that nothing I am saying should besmirch the reputations of men like President Abraham Lincoln or Sir Winston Churchill, both of whom are said to have fought the ravages of major depression or bipolar disorder. One was instrumental in ridding America of slavery. The other was instrumental in saving the world from tyranny. Mahatma Gandhi, by the way, also reportedly suffered from depression. Psychiatric illness does not, a priori, disqualify a person from rendering extraordinary service to mankind.
    Mind you, neither Lincoln nor Churchill nor Gandhi led a nation after becoming a business sensation and television star. That trifecta defines one man: President Donald J. Trump.
    Now, think about those who are rabble-rousing about the president’s mental status. Take Sen. Al Franken. He’s all worried about the president allegedly overestimating the crowd size at his inauguration. But Franken is allied with Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who asserted she is Native American, when there is no evidence of that whatsoever.
    And they’re calling Trump’s sanity into question? Really, you can’t make this stuff up.

2. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Is trump crazy?

No!!

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Does the mainstream media have an agenda?

Yes!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    1) Low IQ, poor education, plus an upstart (borne with a silver spoon in his mouth, therefore a brat) with couldn't care less attitude?

2) Dementia etc.?

3) Sociopathy?

I can't see him as a serious person. I have never seen anyone more contradictory than him... No one can possibly say what he actually is or isn't, what he really wants or not etc. etc. He himself does not know... What he does do consistently - is serve himself! See the unpaid contractors, exported jobs to wherever it makes more profits for him etc.

But to trust him with complex issues - that is calling for a DISASTER!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    totally agree.. i knew this by age 14 in 1989 about him.. i guess i was more mature than him by then

6. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    #6 drew84, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  7. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    What we saw here in the USA is people who are totally disgusted with the status quo.

Many voted for Trump simply because they couldn't stand Hillary and refused to vote for the <none of the above> category.

The real question should be: Do you know any normal people, and if so, do you feel comfortable around them?

I can honestly answer by saying no. I don't. Everybody I know is stark raving loony, but I'm comfortable around them.

Maybe that's because I'm one of the crazys too. :D

8. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014

Whats normal?

9. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    What it should read. :(

10. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @dhjohns: Not voting the Clintons into office was a clear choice made by Americans. And that was their choice.

It wasn't about her gender; Hillary Clinton simply did not have the respect or the trust of the American people. If she did, she would have won.

People still crying butt hurt because she lost should respect the fact that the American people have made their choice, and Democracy worked.

For better or for worse, Trump is the POTUS now. Get over it.

11. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012

@Threat: I haven't got a clue. :D

12. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    She was disrespected for 30+ years because of her gender. That is exactly why she lost. Get over it.

13. bobbee12

bobbee12 MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    MDL!! :clap:

14. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    What ? Because she wore the pants in the family ?

Seriously though, she lost because she is untrustable. Get over it. ;)

15. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Only because she was discredited due to her gender for 30+ years. She is entirely trustworthy except to people who do not want a woman president. Get Over It!

16. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    You may want to ask Victor Thorn, Shawn Lucas, Joe Montano, Seth Rich, and John Ashe how trustworthy she is.
    All of the above were bringing suit against Hillary Clinton for various corruption schemes.

Oh, by the way, good luck asking them because they ALL died in a 6 week period starting August 1st 2016, and all were mysterious deaths which were NOT reported in main stream media.

About the only thing Hillary is trustworthy about is covering her own a$$.

If you insist on going back 30 years I might suggest you do a google search on the "Clinton Body Count".
    If you want to go back 40 years [self censored] which Bill absolutely not only knew about but had authorized.

They are even more crooked than you... The truly sad part is they are getting away with it all.

17. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    no doubt for me in synthesis gorski talked all :)

18. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    MJ, Americans (strictly speaking) still voted for Hilary more than for Trump but the electoral college system got him into the office, just like Doobleya etc.

Mad, I tell ya, mad! (Not that Hillary isn't mad [for power, hence dangerous] - but she was pushed to the Left seriously, thanx to Bernie and his little movement, so I think she was a lesser of evils and most Americans agreed with me!)

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us/politics/how-does-the-electoral-college-work.html?_r=0

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-college-gerrymanders-the-presidential-vote/

Pay attention at the bottom: "The process of re-drawing district lines to give an advantage to one party over another is called "gerrymandering". Here's how it works."

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Could we have a poll, please: "Is Trump normal (whatever that might mean)"? :p

20. vidyarathne

vidyarathne MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2013
    IMO Trump is a good guy.He do what he should do for America.