Isn't KMS activation good enough?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Frankincense, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #41 Daz, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    @ anshumankhaitan
    Easy. The loader uses the OEM license channel, which means that the serials are the same for all systems. So for example, if I bought a Dell PC with Windows 7 Ultimate preinstalled then the key would be the same on everyone elses system. For that reason MS can't block the loader or BIOS mods as they can't easily tell the difference. None of the serials are unique, so nothings stolen from a specific user. It's simply an exploit.

MAK and retail keys posted online that people are activating over the phone are stolen and they're not permanent. That's why they're not allowed here, and when they've been posted in the past we've received DMCA requests from Microsoft which we listen to.

EDIT: FYI Windows 8 does have unique OEM keys, which is another reason why you'll never see a true activator for it.

@ CODYQX4
    Didn't there used to be, but they killed it off? Maybe that's what I'm thinking about.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #42 CODYQX4, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

3. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    No, but for the lazy who do not like re-installing their OS every month, it is, it's like saying why should i change the oil in my car every 30,000 miles, it's just a car.....