ISO Manipulation

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Humphrey, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #1 Humphrey, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    I use UltraISO but here lately is been getting slower and less reliable. For example, I just tried extracting a Install.wim from a ISO and it kept getting messed up during the transfer and was fairly slow. Another example is how slow its getting opening ISO's.

I used 7zip, it opened the ISO and extracted the install.wim fairly quick.

Someone please suggest a better ISO client, payed or freeware, just has to be good. :worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 pisthai, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    I have downloaded it and will test it over the next couple days, that doesn't mean no one else should make suggestions :)

4. cole31

cole31 MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2013
    i like isoworkshop, or isotoolkit. both are freeware i BELIEVE dont qoute me on it lol. :D

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    How can a program start to get slower and less reliable if it was working to start with especially UltraISO it is one of the best ones going about I personally have never had a problem with it.

6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Do not know urie, I cleared its cache and it started function better but I have NEVER had to do that before. I have used UltraISO for a long time as well but it seems I may need to look else where for my ISO clients.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Used that one way back in the day, I didn't like it. :eek:

9. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Not sure how I feel about PowerISO. When extracting files it does so to a directory then copies it to the directory I wanted it to be extracted to. Seems like a waist of time.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  11. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
  12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Looks like that you produce the problem on your own.

Firstly: I never use the desktop for any storage, even not temporary!
    Secondly: I open the apps, open the location of the ISO file, chose the ISO File, click Extract and chose my destination Dir! That's all! All How and where I like to have them!

14. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Work smart not hard.

If things wasn't meant to be opened via the file association then we wouldn't have such a thing.

And my desktop is my work directory, even if it wasn't, come on, drag and drop, DRAG AND DROP. Doesn't do that with ANY other program that I know of/have used.

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Work secure and if needed hard! I don't "play" around, I would like the have things done, in first place, if possible!

If it works for you, fine, I don't have problems with that. If you like to work on desktop, fine too, it's off limit for me! Drag'n Drop? I use it a lot but different than you, I believe! For that I use at my office 3 Monitors and at home 2! No need to work on desktop!

But that didn't solves your problems, which I believe you created on your own, reading your posts!

OK, back to PowerISO. You could not use Drag'n Drop for to place .ISO files in the first Column that you could do to the File Manager in PowerISO. But is it a big deal just to click on Open, go to the storage DIR and chose the ISO file?! You would have them in an DIR already on some Drive, didn't you? Or you fist place them on Desktop and after that to the target?

Anyway luckly I didn't work on your computer, you do on your own, and if you like the way you use, so it be, no problems for me. But don't tell the apps isn't good, it's just you don't like the way it needs to be used.

16. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
  17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  18. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Might not be nice to use it, but Desktop is nothing else but a folder like ANY other folder in C:\users\%username%\Desktop

19. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Than tell why the files I place on Desktop didn't show up in that Folder?! I just place 5 files on Desktop and even after restarting the computer, those files are not shown in the Folder Desktop! Deleted those files from Desktop and noe they'
    re disappears completely, even not available in Recycle bin! And that's exactly the point why I didn't use the Desktop for other thing than just Shortcuts!

20. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011