Issues connecting to skype?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Taneko, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Taneko

Taneko MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2009
    I'm in doubt whether this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes =)

I've recently been having issues with skype, and I have no idea why. It used to work fine, but yesterday morning it suddenly threw me off (as in logged me out) and now tells me that "Skype cannot connect" whenever I try to log in. It simply strands on the "Signing In" part, and then goes back to the initial log-on screen. The status every once in a while goes from "connecting" to "signing in", but it never actually manages to log in.

I'm currently on an internet that my company monitors, and they block several pages. Like mentioned, Skype has been working fine until yesterday morning, but seeing as I can find no other reason, I'm getting worried that they may have blocked skype without giving a notification about it.

Has anybody else been getting this message lately? I read on My Digital Life that there have been issues before where people all over the world had been incapable of logging on due to software glitches, so I was thinking this might be a similar case?