It's official. 22TKD-F8XX6-Y... will be WGA-blacklisted soon. What now?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by freibooter, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1clicc

1clicc MDL Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Why would you need a Master key? I did that to Vista Ultimate and it work perfectly.

2. bippo

bippo MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2007
    slmgr

What about slmgr /cpky ???? :D

3. W7advanced

W7advanced MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2009
    With a OEM key found on the back of any laptop/pc you still will need to activate online.

4. idc

idc MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    It is an OEM SLP key, but MS are stating that no Lenovo systems will be sold which use it, so they can blacklist it and issue Lenovo with a new SLP OEM key.

5. 1clicc

1clicc MDL Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Nope you are wrong. They are OEM:SLP key which is from the manufacture so you can use it to activate offline. Don't belive me go and try it on Vista.:)

6. justinkb

justinkb MDL Member

Jul 16, 2008
    they are bluffing, 99% sure ;)

7. xcluded

xcluded MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    which brings us to another point :

if M$ issue Lenovo a new OEM SLP key , the next cycle(Possible of leak) goes on again.

then what is the point ? M$ is wasting time and resources that way.

:confused:

8. ripee

ripee MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I love how in the blog post they call it a "special key" lol. As if they think people smart enough to exploit OEM SLP activation are too dumb to not know the difference between OEMSLP, OEMCOA, Retail, and VLK.

The other piece of FUD in that post is that they mention the key being usable only on that OEM's units (which we know is Lenovo).

Even if they issue a new key to Lenovo, they did not mention disabling this key in any way.

9. eXP

eXP MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Until I see proof that this key is blacklisted, it isn't blacklisted.

Its really that simple.

Microsoft can talk all day about what they "plan" to do.

What else are they going to say "Oh sorry guys you managed to crack it" no, they stay defiant, even when they really have no grounds to be and look like total retards in the process.

Just the fact that they say they are combatting piracy to "assure customers" hahahaha, its just comedy to me, I love it.

Everyone knows piracy is just another form of promoting a product.

We are all talking about Windows 7 now. Thousands of people CAN use it past 30 days now (even though 30 days hasn't yet passed but the command line info checks out, no timer etc) and thus the software is far more popular.

Look at all the people that would have stayed on XP were it not for a cracked Windows 7. All those people will help to create fixes and so on for updates, service packs... more people use it the easier it is for MS to troubleshoot and fix things.

I would even venture to say they actually NEED piracy, to a degree.

10. jas0nuk

jas0nuk MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    And, it gives them their massive market share. xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. 1clicc

1clicc MDL Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I just love corp company, why? cuz they are probably following there policy procedure which will them them a couple of years or maybe never before they can backlist just one key. muahahaha ...

12. idc

idc MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    It's entirely possible that Lenovo have not yet manufactured any systems which used the leaked key, so of course blacklisting it would only ever affect users with pirated copies of Windows 7. However, it is true that once systems are sold at retail, obtaining a key which MS in theory could not blacklist will be a trivial task.

And blacklisting this key may simply mean that MS have to add the key to a configuration file on their WGA/Windows Update servers.

If the above is the case, which is entirely possible, then it makes sense for them to blacklist the key as it requires very little effort on anyone's part to do so. ;)

13. eXP

eXP MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    So if I understand it - activating with this first key is safe if we can simply change the key afterwards to another OEM key in future?

14. ripee

ripee MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2009
    This will not affect any one of us adversely, even those who have installed 16385 as soon as it leaked. We are well within the 120 day re-arm limit. No doubt long lists of keys for each edition will surface within days of the official launch.

15. jas0nuk

jas0nuk MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #95 jas0nuk, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    Of course. At most, your OS will deactivate and get a bunch of nagscreens, but we should all be still within the first lot of 30 days evaluation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. BechWiser

BechWiser MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    Well, I will back to XP or Vista if my activated Windows 7 is blacklisted.

17. liomajor

liomajor MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2008
    Ah well, i buyed windows 7 ultimate, i will simply wait till its released and i get my personal key.

Then i will consider an reinstallation and activate my key using slic 2.1.

I dont like online / phone activation.

Hey i buyed it, why nagging me with this sh*t. I should absolutly fine using it that way.

M$ tries always to be so smart, invents features (bugs counts as feature as well)
    the real users don't want. A lot has to use it at work and no chance to complain so much.

For example, i want the old startmenu back, the new one is annoying.
    It would be ok to make "All Programs" already opened instead of history list.

M$ forgets, the users don't like to be forced, they like to choose!

As for me, i choose offline activation and consider hacking / tweaking windows 7
    till its in the way i want to use it every day.

18. Didge

Didge MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Exactly right. The bloatware industry relies on market share, which means that Dell et al need it too.

19. -jay-

-jay- MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    actualy i was gonna edit my post

20. liomajor

liomajor MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2008
    In my opinion, piracy or leaking, might it be programs / informations, you get a cheap market analyze and how they will respond to it.

For me, i watch randomly tv, or listen to the radio. I like to lurk in the internet,
    and then i see, uhhh for example shortnews, the upcomming xxx got leaked and xxx. I will look into it and start to collect informations, if its worth what i see, i try it and the chance is high that i buy it.