It's sunny out today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe C, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Nice to see the sun come out today!
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    yea... just look out my window

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Nice wind chill.... NOT!
    That is what ? -25 C ?

5. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Time to move to Phoenix- sunny and mid-70's this week. :D

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Yea... I know.... My brother lives in Tucson, he sends me pics of him in their pool, but it does not get 115f here in July

7. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Tucson's really nice. I visit friends there a lot. It's got a different vibe than Phoenix- more laid-back.

I've lived in the mid-west. I'll take 115f with 15% humidity over 90f and 90% humidity :D

It does get bad here during the monsoon season when the humidity rises. But the pay-off for that is the weather we're having now.

If it's 0f in your area now, I'd say it's a perfect time to call your brother and tell him you're coming to visit for a week or so. :D

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Nope.... I tried that two years ago during Christmas, The first morning we got there they had frost in the ground in the morning and it only got up 40f while we were there.

[​IMG]

Free refrigeration

9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I'm getting sick and tired of this cold bullsh*t!
    Last night it was -3f and it's still 10f today, The main pipe from the street froze up because the heat tape failed and then the next day the pipes in my laundry room freeze up too, Now I have to leave a water trickle in the laundry room until I can pull off the drywall and get the pipes move to the heated areas of the room gggrrrr. This crap is really ticking me off

10. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    sad for you, joe.my heartfelt sympathies. i am afraid joe the plumber takes on a whole new dimension out there...:(

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I was able to thaw them out myself, Last year they put PEX pipe in, (because they broke last year) and the idiot plumber did not fix the cause, just replaced the pipe. The PEX pipe is more resistant to breaking because it is made out of some kind of plastic that retains it's "memory" and will stretch. If I want it done right, I'll have to do it myself

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    That's true for most things, but not sex!

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Obviously you have not been married for very long.... LOL
    Happy New Year!

14. David555

David555 MDL Junior Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Here no sun, days are gray sad and rainy people are forced to take D vitamin cuz of the lack of sunshine here. Water sucks here too people suffer here not sure hows exactly called but most have weak bones and bad teeth cuz of the lack of calcium in the water not even saying anything about lack of dentists.
    Wish I coupd live somewhere wheres sunny, people arenta grumpy and where isnt very rainy, i mean a bit of rain is ok but not everyday just rain rain rain.
    According to bbc news one in four here suffer mental health issue i think it because of the sad weather and undrinkable water people have to drink. :(