Itunes No Erase And Sync On New Hard Drive?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by peck1234, Dec 13, 2016.

1. peck1234

peck1234 MDL Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I usually backup my itunes library file .itl. So I dont need to erase and resync everything on my iphone. I just recently reformatted windows 10 with a fresh copy because I upgraded my hardrive and forget to back up the preference file. But I had all the music backed up. So I simply dragged and dropped the music in itunes to relink the files, plugged in my phone and IT DIDNT NEED TO RESYNC? What is this madness? Is this a new feature with itunes? Usually It will say something along the lines of "your iphone is synced with another itunes library would you like to erase and resync" Im just wondering WHY it didnt happen? Possibly because my music library was identical to the one on the phone?

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I would strongly suspect this is correct.

Windows 7 (and I think other MS OSes) gives a "safe to remove drive" (or similar wording) when a safe removal of a USB drive is done. To the best of my knowledge, Linux and Apple never did that ... neither do now at any rate on any of our installations. With Windows 10, MS decided to no longer issue the confirmation comments upon safe removal of a USB device. Seems a bit normal to me now to NOT see messages when things DO NOT go wrong. But then, I like confirmations both positive and negative.