IX57QM Bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Hackerjac, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Hackerjac

Hackerjac MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2012
    Have this oldie laying and desided to play a little with it, but guess privious owner did something to the bios since it won't power down without i have to hold power button for 5-10 sec

So my question is if anyone have a bios for this old board

Have looked at BCM and Data Mdul without any luck

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    There may be nothing wrong with the bios some HP machines used to be like that.

3. Hackerjac

Hackerjac MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2012
    Thanks for the info
    Doesn't sound good since the plan was to have the server on a remote location, don't like the idea to go to it every night when shutting down my PC's

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. Hackerjac

Hackerjac MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2012
    Unfortenly there is not much settings in the bios
    Have tried with another powersuple to rule out that also
    But i have noticed that the Intel ME Subsystem is completely wiped from bios, don't know if it can be the problem, tbh i have not much experince with Intel platform
    When Windows is installing it does not have any problem with restarting, it even go completely offline and then turn on again when rebooting
    When Windows is installed the Intel manegmemt something have the yellow marked when driver is installed , gives a code 10, device can not start
    Also tried with Linex command promt and use shutdown /h H or P now, pc seems to shut down, netcard and so on turns off but all fans keeps running at full speed

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. Hackerjac

Hackerjac MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2012
    Thanks for the link to the user guide, you're right, there is not much in that one, guess ill kick this board to the corner for now

8. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
    #8 pcnavarra, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    That reminds me of the Asus P7Q57-M DO a very bad ASUS Q-fan implementation over the Intel Managment Egine in the bios, but later HP and lenovo on OEM systems with the same chipset did it quite well.