Je Jin's DISM Tool

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mr Jinje, Sep 14, 2009.

?

Were you able to create a recovery DVD with this tool ?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. No

68 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. WTF is a Recovery DVD ?

63 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    It's a cool idea, but I was thinking more along the lines of an TreeView / CheckBox control filled from get-features command. It would pre-populate with all the current settings, and user could enable/disable each with via click.

As for package removal the main problem seems the need to re-write install_wim_tweak.exe so it works with DISM. This is all kinda on the back burner, maybe someone else wants to do that for us.

2. Veegertx

Veegertx MDL Junior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    actually already started on it and make it dynamic, when i mount I export the lists and then populate from that with checkboxes

after i said that i looked and realized my dism lists was twice as big as tomorrow lists but needs work

3. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
  4. -jay-

-jay- MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    you rock dude i will give this a try & post back after i get done downloading 7 n

5. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Cool, let me know, how it go.

6. mirecek1965

mirecek1965 MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2008
    I get always this:
    PS C:\> DISM.exe /Mount-Wim /wimfile:D:\7Work\DVD\urces\install.wim /index:3 /MountDir:D:\7Work\Mount

in urces has be sources, dont know why your tool screw this path.

7. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    OK, never got answer from the other guy, I think he had a german build, what language is your computer.

Is the word Source have any language specific diacritic's in it. It's possible one of those characters is unicode and not viable during the sendkeys command.

8. KPS

KPS MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2009
    Not working..

on a danish windows 7 ultimate...:mad:

9. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #110 Mr Jinje, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
    (OP)
    OK, looks liek 3 reports of not working on non-english machines, (guesstimate unicode issue)

Cannot re-create the error and no one has been willing to help me determine what the problem is. What do you suggest I do, other than advising unicode users to stay away.

Can you snap a jpeg of the error, and a jpeg of your folder tree (with full path included), mainly I want to see if you have any diacritic characters or anything that would tell me why German/Danish and other languages have problems

Is maybe the Heavy Metal Umlaut over the Ö in sources ? Something else ? I can only guess without your help

10. oxyblue80

oxyblue80 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2009
    #112 oxyblue80, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    i agree. very cool. thanks Mr Jinje!

EDIT:

@Mr Jinje hey duder, i think i may have found a bug.. not sure if anyone else noticed it b4

i chose 'C:\Users\rich\Desktop\New folder' as the mount DIR and when i went to install key i get:

Code:
    PS C:\> DISM.exe /Image:C:\Users\rich\Desktop\New folder /Set-ProductKey:342DG-6
    YJR8-X92GV-V7DCV-P4K27

Error: 87

DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "folder".
    For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    PS C:\>
    looks like the space is causing a prob (?)... anyhoo. for what its worth. but very very awesome. i figured out how to do this the manual way a while ago and had to install the WAIK and use imagex etc.. so this is an awesome time saver. +1 to u :cool:

11. vinodh

vinodh MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I made a AIO Windows 7 RTM DVD and would like to add all the OEM Logos and integrate the relevant keys and certificates. During installation, the BIOS must be checked for SLIC 2.1 and thne pre-activate using the relevant key/certificate for that OEM. I checked out the thread about a tool that would do something similar but that tool uses a loader if the BIOS does not have SLIC 2.1 which I don't want to use. I would prefer no loaders at all on the DVD. Also, I want the keys integrated within the WIM for the relevant SKU and not installed via a script.

The tutorial for Je Jin's DISM tool seems great but does not specify how to add more than 1 key per SKU. For example, to add keys for Acer for all SKU's ie. Home Basic, Home Premium etc. seems straight forward. To add keys for Acer as well as Asus, Lenovo, HP etc for Ultimate as well as the matching certificates does not seem possible with this tool.

If someone knows of a tutorial do create such a DVD, I would appreciate it.

12. shahed26

shahed26 MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2008
    #114 shahed26, Oct 26, 2009
    Yes the spaces are causing the problem. DISM tool does not support folder names with spaces.

13. nfo

nfo MDL Junior Member

May 3, 2009
    WORKS FOR ME.... thanx ;)

14. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #117 Mr Jinje, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  15. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #118 Mr Jinje, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    (OP)
    Correct, I did not include double quotes in my SendKeys command, if we find a fix for the SO in Sources problem, I will try 'member to add this as a bug-fix in the next version.

Are you talking about the German language pack from Windows Updates, maybe if I install that, then I can re-create the error.

Normally I would ask to look in the DISM log, but my German is limited to ordering Two Wiezenbock's at Oktoberfest.

16. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #119 Mr Jinje, Oct 27, 2009
    (OP)
    Any Bright Ideas.

@others - After looking at Tomorrows JPEGS, it seems everything is correct, (except for the actual DISM command). The DISM mount command reads the variables directly from the Text field (apparently no spaces, no umlauts or nothing and still it errors).

Here is the source for the Quick Mount button. Basically I read the Variables from the Text Fields, then Prompt the user OK/Cancel, and if they hit OK, if spawns a new command window and runs the DISM command via sendkeys

Code:
    $WIM = $SOURCE_WIM.text
    $MNT = $MOUNT_DIR.text
    $INDEX = $IMAGE_INDEX.Text

$PROMPT = [Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction]::MsgBox("Quick Mount the WIM", 'OKCancel,Question', "Last Chance to Cancel") ;switch ($PROMPT) {'OK'{

Invoke-Item C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe 
    Start-Sleep 1
    [System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys]::Send("c:{ENTER}CD \{ENTER}CLS{ENTER}DISM.exe /Mount-Wim /wimfile:$WIM /index:$INDEX /MountDir:$MNT{ENTER}") 

}'Cancel'{  }}
    Judging by the image, Tomorrow's text field is correct, but when the $WIM variable gets into the SendKeys command, it is not the same. Any clue what could be altering the variables mid-stream. I was hoping it would be a simple fix (unicode character messing up sendkeys), but now it seems is something else.

Luckily though until we find the problem the workaround is to move the WIM to a root location as users NFO + Chris-B is reporting success that way. Not a clue as to why those two letters are being dropped.

17. chris.b

chris.b MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2008
    #120 chris.b, Oct 27, 2009