Just wonder how long does it take to box millions of...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by libertard, Oct 7, 2009.

1. libertard

libertard MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Pcs and Notebooks to be ready on Oct 22? They're all share very much same number of OEM keys. OK if keys being posted naked on the website then how's M$ blacklist those while there's less than 16 days to shift them to the market?

I have doubt if manufacturing around the world are willing to touch those boxes:confused:

2. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    The VAST majority of the stock is already made (both OEM PCs and retail boxed media).
    That's why the keys released last month will be good, but keys like the original Lonovo -COULD- end up blacklisted.
    I wouldn't be surprised if MS had a contract with OEM manufacturers stating that in the case of a leak ## days before release or ##% of stock complte, they can be forced to change the OEM key as protection for themselves.

People say that the number of people using OEM:SLP keys is very low, so it's possible that they won't blacklist the OEM keys. However, people have also said that OEM:SLP keys have never been blacklisted before, but I'm pretty sure they have.

Also, Windows 7 is looking to be a huge hit which can dethrone their own XP, so maybe Microsoft will be changing up their game this time around.
    Only way to know is to wait.

3. Qams

Qams MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
  4. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    in this regard i would like 2 mention u guys abt Kaspersky............it identifies the blacklisted crap everyday.............wonder y M$ couldnt use dat method ?? den all the keys dat are illegal can be blocked :)

5. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    M$ knew they could well step into a huge problem: privacy and trust

Just wonder how M$ protect Vista even with SP2.

if (guessing is true) then
    most M$ products are well protected by exploiting the user pc
    else
    unprotected
    end if

6. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    with kaspersky they have individual lic keys not slp ones installed on thousands of systems. if ms blacklists keys all the time with the oem slp's there would be hundreds of thousands of seriously pissed off people all the time. imo they will not do that

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    MS never has and never will blacklist OEM Royalty keys. They can't. Once machines ship with those keys there is nothing that can be done. It is up to MS to support these people if they change out the keys not the OEM because the OEM is not the party responsible for the action. If MS did blacklist a key from an OEM not only would they have to provide the OEM a new key, they would also have to support all those people that need their key changed. VLKs can and do get blacklisted it is up to the agreer of that licensing agreement to provide support.

8. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    No one said Microsoft can't... In fact Microsoft DOES.
    That's why you sometimes see an activation method that no longer works.
    Microsoft could probably even disable modded BIOS activations with an update... but that brings up the questions:
    1). How far can they go before the backlash becomes too bad?
    2). How far can they go legally, without all the lawyers jumping on them for blood?
    3). How far can they go without harming legit users?

They do block keys that they can.
    But if a key will effect hundreds if not thousands (or more) of legit users, then they won't due to the backlash.

All they would have to do is have the OEM manufacturer issue an (BIOS) update.
    Update changes the info for the legit users, non-legits are left out.
    Block the key which drops validation from computers and gives the straggling legit users 30 days to update.
    I'm not saying they make common practice out of it, but it is possible.
    And for certain keys, like Lonovo, which was leaked very early, it's possible to change all the stuff in-house, well before it comes time to ship.

9. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    What?
    English isn't your strong suit I take it.

First I'm pretty sure the "Windows algo" is safe. I assume it would be the system that verifies keys are valid.
    If this algorithm was cr**ked, you could either generate valid keys or find a way to disable it so that any key would work.

Second, if there is a way to activate Windows without owning a copy of the software, you can believe Microsoft knows of it... and quire possibly how to fix it.
    As I said before, it all comes down to how badly it would effect legit users and the number of those users it would effect.
    If a retail key gets leaked, it will hurt 1 legit user (most likely the person who leaked the key) so Microsoft will go ahead and blacklist that key since it would allow far more people to activate than it would hurt.

Now for the BIOS mods, while they are detectable by Microsoft fairly easily, it would be harder for them to pick out people who have modded their BIOS and who legitimately have a SLIC 2.1 BIOS 100% of the time so they are less likely to go ahead with implementing a fix for that.

Loader on the other hand are easy to detect and very easy to fix... in fact they did it with Vista -- quite harshly too from what I've read -- so your question of 'Why hasn't Microsoft (Idiots, noobs douches and 8 year old "H4X0RZ" use M$) protected Vista?' in incorrect.

I'm not sure wht you mean by "reverse it", but it kind of sounds like you mean the OEM keys that have been leaked.
    In that case, as I said before, older OEM:SLP keys like the Lonovo key have a -=CHANCE=- to be blacklisted.
    It's likely that it -=WONT=- be, but it is possible... only time can answer that question.
    The keys leaked later are almost guaranteed not to be black listed because as you said it will affect many people.

10. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    I'm still didn't get it..

OK, can you explain how the cr**ked activation involving 3 files:

tokens.dat
    pkeyconfig.xrm-ms
    <company>.XRM-MS

and possibly a loader or BIOS

really work? What's its relationship and what's contain in them and how's the cr**ked act*vator working on them :confused:

QUOTE=twiz;155567]What?
    English isn't your strong suit I take it.

First I'm pretty sure the "Windows algo" is safe. I assume it would be the system that verifies keys are valid.
    If this algorithm was cr**ked, you could either generate valid keys or find a way to disable it so that any key would work.

Second, if there is a way to activate Windows without owning a copy of the software, you can believe Microsoft knows of it... and quire possibly how to fix it.
    As I said before, it all comes down to how badly it would effect legit users and the number of those users it would effect.
    If a retail key gets leaked, it will hurt 1 legit user (most likely the person who leaked the key) so Microsoft will go ahead and blacklist that key since it would allow far more people to activate than it would hurt.

Now for the BIOS mods, while they are detectable by Microsoft fairly easily, it would be harder for them to pick out people who have modded their BIOS and who legitimately have a SLIC 2.1 BIOS 100% of the time so they are less likely to go ahead with implementing a fix for that.

Loader on the other hand are easy to detect and very easy to fix... in fact they did it with Vista -- quite harshly too from what I've read -- so your question of 'Why hasn't Microsoft (Idiots, noobs douches and 8 year old "H4X0RZ" use M$) protected Vista?' in incorrect.

I'm not sure wht you mean by "reverse it", but it kind of sounds like you mean the OEM keys that have been leaked.
    In that case, as I said before, older OEM:SLP keys like the Lonovo key have a -=CHANCE=- to be blacklisted.
    It's likely that it -=WONT=- be, but it is possible... only time can answer that question.
    The keys leaked later are almost guaranteed not to be black listed because as you said it will affect many people.[/QUOTE]

11. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #11 FreeStyler, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    name one and i shall believe ;)

Dude that never is gonna work, A bios update should block the key? They key is totally independent form BIOS or Certificate...so what exactly should that solve?
    And what about users who never update their BIOS. for example my father gets very nervous when i talking about modding and flashing bioses for fun, he never dared to flash his bios, still using the initial bios release for his PC.

And for that matter, what about the golden rule... if it ain't broke, don't fix it ?

12. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    If you bothered to read what I said... you would find I never said a BIOS update would block the key or that the BIOS contains the key.
    In fact, I said BIOS in parenthesis which is to imply that it would be an alternative or possibility.

They --the OEM manufacturer-- offer an update (possibly for the BIOS), and when it downloads and runs, it will update the key.
    -IF- it is included with a BIOS update, they could POSSIBLY change the SLIC -IF NEEDED-.

The end result would be:

As for OEM keys being blacklisted... it's pretty hard to find info for it, but I'm fairly certain that some of the original XP OEM keys were blacklisted around the time of XP SP1 and/or SP2.
    I can't say for sure as I never bothered with OEM keys since I've always had access to non-distributed keys prior to Windows 7.

13. libertard

Jul 30, 2009
    I'm in the swing now...

I'm not bothered by an 'educated' answer but can someone (would be an honor if the Chinese guy who originally wrote the cracked algo explain all of these) give me some thought about my question?

14. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

Dude, English only. Almost gave myself an aneurysm trying to read that. Can you please provide an English translation? That is if you want it to be read.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. genuineintel

genuineintel MDL Member

Apr 28, 2009
    As a monopoly company, M$ can do whatever they want/desire. End user is not their top concern while $$ is.

16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Actually they really cant because hundreds and hundreds of users who actually bought their pc will also become deactivated. The reason why cr**ks/activators for vista that did work that do not work now is because MS was able to update vista to block the specific cr**k/emulation. That is why there are once working vista cr**ks that do not work now. Not to mention MS updated SLIC in Vista's SP 2 release. That is why most act*vators that worked on SP 1 But not SP 2 mate. I hope this helps you.