KB2919355 failed to install

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by BabySitter, Apr 18, 2014.

1. BabySitter

BabySitter MDL Junior Member

Jan 26, 2014
    #21 BabySitter, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    (OP)
    Ok thank u but i don't know when Windows installs the updates to disable the antivirus

No problem :)
    but i heard once that uninstalling the KIS caused a damage or something in system and i don't think its a good idea to uninstall it when every update comes up and how can i know when the Win install the updates to disable the KIS ?
    so now what i have to do with the failed updates (including KB 2919355) ? cuz i have many updates has failed

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Do you still need babysitting? Give it a try.

3. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    Lol :D
    I disabled KIS and finally FINALLY KB2919355 succeeded
    and i found out that the failed old updates repeated but succeeded (that's before i disable the KIS) the question is what makes it fail in the first time ? is it the antivirus ? and how its succeeded after fail ?

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Even MS recommends to disable the AV prior to installing Update 1. Some AVs act very aggressive while protecting the system files, could probably be a virus pretending to be Update 1 :D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Till now I had only one machine with problems of installing Windows 8.1 Update! All other went OK with no problems and that applies for either Update from Windows 8/8.1, using the internal Windows Update procedure and manual installation.

The computer with problems were i one I use at home mainly for a lot of testing applications etc.! On that machine is all times a lot 'Rubbish' left from old installations and also a lot 'Rubbish' in the registry. I was need to do a full new installation on that machine and that went with no problems at all.

For that experiences I would say that, in case of problems with the Update, there's some apps/settings conflict which could also be because of AV apps. I didn't use any AV apps because I use a completely different security, no need for an extra AV on any machine of my network!
    Anyway, it's all times adviced to disable any AV apps before installation of Applications and Updates and the same applies for 3. party Firewalls! I would also disable the Windows internal Firewall as well, just for the installation of course! We all know or had listening about the so called False Positives which could triggers quite some problems and prevent installations of Apps and/or Updates! And there also some AV Databases which classifying some 100% secure apps/files as virus/trojan or whatsoever which never appears in any other database and therefore not known as 'False Positives'!
    Also keep in mind that the AV is an huge business and many companies are intended to promote and sell their products under the cover of "Security" which are maybe everything but that! Feeding the 'Paranoia' of users is the main goal of such promotions!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    #26 BabySitter, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    (OP)
    so u mean that the Kaspersky prevent the updates to install properly ? if so how you explain the success of updates after its failed already and Kaspersky was enabled all the time except in KB2919355

and what "canceled" updates means in update history status ? and how to fix it ? i ask cuz i have one update canceled

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  8. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    #28 BabySitter, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    (OP)
    I appreciate that
    but u didn't clearly answer my question yet about what makes updates failed in the first time of install and then its succeeded in the second time although Kaspersky was enabled all the time i think u try to say its the antivirus ?:confused:

Yes i have many cracked things like KIS 2014 trial reset tool (KRT) and i have to use it although i know it has a bunch of viruses but i always run a full computer scan and i cant find any virus
    and the power always cut down while i use my PC
    how can i try to re-install the canceled update without uninstall anything cracked ? because i need them
    sorry for bothering u and thnx for helping

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I would say a clear answer is simply impossible! There so many weakpoint's in any apps which could trigger such problems, not to forget the OS! It's the nature of the beast that NOTHING is perfect even not any software (which couldn't because those who developed/designed etc. those are imperfect!)!

To find out what's trigger problems, or at what point such problems starting, is only one way: Re-Install the OS (after an low level format of the HDD's), test and check all is working! If so start with Apps 1, test and check again all works correctly! If yes, the next apps 2 and, and, and, till you find which one is trigger the problem! and the same applies for all updates!

Would you have free time enough for to do that? I hardly believe you would!

Now, cracked software are altered applications, which may contains some strings which unauthorized changing OS System settings to prevent to go online for 'Status" checks of the apps in question, redirecting such checks etc. etc. and, and, and! The action such crack may starting are simply numerous!

AV Application altering the system settings as well, at least for to bypass the windows own security apps or more. They slow down the system in some means, or having other 'side-effects' which resulting in maybe not to good outcome. They also didn't 'like' to run side by side with other AV apps!

I didn't complain about the use of cracked apps and/or pirated software! For myself I also use them for to testing! But that machine isn't connected directly to my LAN, it has it's own connection via an extra NIC via the Smoothwall machine (which has 5 NIC's, 1 internal an MB and 4 NIC Cards)! Same way I connect my Laptop because I use them on open public networks. And as I wrote already, I didn't use an installed AV Apps! That way I've an very stable and secure LAN!

10. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #30 s1ave77, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Any cracked AV is a bad joke in itself i would say. There are lots of ways to get a Promo-Offer and similiar.

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Some few years ago I was read some report that some of 'prominent' AV Developers were under investigation
    • using of pirated and de-assembled source codes from other developers
    • using 'Hackers'
    • creating malicious software and more.

The background were that some well known AV Developers had already the 'medicine' for viruses which not existed at the same time, just appeared some time later only. That was bring up the question: how an AV Developer could create an Anti-Apps/Script etc. for something which were not published yet! And questioned further if it were possible that those 'future' viruses were 'produced' on order of that developer on business purpose etc.!

Possible? Maybe?!

Not the cracked AV Apps are a bad joke, the whole AV 'Scenery' an very bad joke!

And wasn't it an Programmer/Hacker from the well known CCC (Chaos Computer Club (Germany)) who's sentenced for some Jailtime and after that opened an Security Company in Germany and also developed an Apps called (if I'm not wrong?!) Fire Back which gave others the ability for to resend viruses, not back to the origin only to others as well, and maked quite a bit of money with that?

AV is an huge business, we should not close our eye's about that! And the developers of the so called AV Protection Applications looking in first line for how to get the money from user of their apps and would do anything to achieve what they're looking for!

12. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    #32 BabySitter, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    (OP)
    since its impossible to find out what makes updates fail in the first time of install (however i think its the AV)
    i will tell u the canceled one

Definition Update for Windows Defender-KB**** (Definition****) Canceled.

I think Kaspersky canceled it to prevent the conflict but i'm not sure

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I wrote, I didn't use any AV on my machines, except the Smoothwall machine which acts as Hardware Firewall with AV between WAN and LAN! That also keeps quite a lot of resources free on the computers! Windows own AV etc. is disabled as well!

I would just recommend to everybody who uses more than 1 computer in the same LAN to use an 'outdated' machine with Smoothwall running as kind Hardware Firewall with AntiVirus. Except for installation, no need for an Monitor, keyboard and mouse on that machine, every config etc. goes over browser! And it's Freeware! Maybe Pfsense do the same, I never used it, so I couldn't tell!

14. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    I want to install the canceled update if it necessary

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    some of updates could be canceled with no problems. Some of them are also not needed anymore because of of newer Updates from MS which had those old one included!

Don't get paranoid with such, isn't worth the headache!As long as everything works fine, why bothering?!

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Also regarding those KB2919355 Update, use only the last one, means download it BEFORE directly from MS Website! AFAIK MS already changed some of it's content but the KB number!

17. BabySitter

Jan 26, 2014
    KB2919355 failed two times then its automatically installed in the third time and i don't know what u r talking about !