KB971003-is it a time bomb?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by phukme, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    It may be happened that the Windows 7 that you are using isn't origional? I mean someone perhaps just install a fake software to show u a legal copy of Windows but after updating Microsoft understand it.

I didn't ever see if a genuine Windows have a problem like this.

You can also un-install this update.

You also can re-install Windows etc.

But these all are assumptions.

2. phukme

phukme MDL Junior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    The disc I used to install was a dead set 110% genuine microsoft x64 ultimate holographic disc that I got in a steve balmer signature edition release.
    Unfortunately for me, I used the original key on my quadcore; but I have a secondary desktop with an E6600 4GB setup and I would not chance jeopardising my key. So I bought an MSDN key to activate this install, which was validated when I went to update site for updates. But then the hassle started as I stated in my original post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kleetus

Kleetus MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2010
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Daz's Loader v1.9. Only just started using it from yesterday.

Prior to that, I was using a Technet key I purchased. I knowingly purchased it on the basis it would eventually be blacklisted, and that it wasn't "genuine".

I used the key for about a year, with almost daily manual updates, and with the dreaded KB971003 installed from whenever it was released.

It was only yesterday my OS was flagged as not genuine and my key blacklisted.

All I did then was install Daz's Loader, on default settings, and it works great.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Bad mistake
    do you not understand any one worthy MSDN member dooes not sell Keys. The oen you probably bought off say Ebay would have been sold to many people before it got knocked out.