KB971033 ruining genuine windows

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by deboopi, May 28, 2010.

1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #21 timesurfer, May 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    As for the topic, yes they are in a sense. A lot of ppl are reporting their real legit license being flagged. Even ppl that bought copies from retail stores! I have been talking to a lot of ppl on the win7vista irc channel and a lot of ppl with retail copies(Yes, legal, not given) and are still getting issues with KB971033. Just to let you guys know. WAT has issues clearly!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MisterEd

MisterEd MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    #23 MisterEd, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
    Weird ... I sent this reply last night and it seems to be gone. Maybe I never saved it?

Anyway, your message really made me feel stupid. :) Using the rearm switch solved the problem after 3 hrs of frustration. All is now good in the world!

4. AristoChat

AristoChat MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    i don't see a lot of computers/notebooks been sold with the Ultimate version ... a lot of customers are just lying ...

issues are normal it's software

5. Keeper75

Keeper75 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    #25 Keeper75, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
    I've got two PCs with their bios modded exactly the same way (Dell slic + same key + same cert) but with different motherboards (one ASUS P4VD2-VM and one ASROCK P45TurboTwins2000) and today one of them (the older one - ASUS P4VD2-VM) started to complain about windows 7 not being genuine. After testing various bios mods on it and digging a little bit on the internet i believe that i've found the reason for why this last week, there's a few people complaining about their Windows 7 becoming non-genuine: BIOS DATE. why ? simple...i believe that somehow with this last update KB..1053 (?), microsoft started to check the bios dates and based on them, if your windows 7 OEM detects a dated bios version earlier then 2008 (?), windows 7 will assume that it's not genuine since it wasn't possible to have a valid windows 7 OEM back then...and so, although tools like SLIC Toolkit report everything being valid, you won't be able to make your windows genuine.

I'll try and find a award bios editor later and test my theory by trying to change the bios date...

Hope this ideia helps some of you...

Regards

Keeper

6. grahamjohnson10

grahamjohnson10 MDL Junior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Installing Windows 7

Install all Important Updates (but review first to make sure KB971033 is not included within the batch).

Check device manager is clear of errors.

Totally disable Windows updates.

Disable Windows security centre notifications about Windows updates status.

Run RemoveWAT

Change power options to turn display off to never & also standby never.

DONE.

7. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #27 FattysGoneWild, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
    My new pc that came with WIN7 got flagged as not genuine. I booted up the pc from a cold start and got the pop up right away. This was after 2 months of perfect operation. I did not install that nasty MS update either. This is a OEM Compaq/HP pc with slic 2.1 MS needs to back off since it is affecting legit new systems. I imagine MS will run into the wrong customer eventually and they will open a class action lawsuit. It advised me to run a genuine check and it installed that forbidden update. Everything passed fine and I uninstalled it. Have not had trouble since.