KB971033 Update Problems [fixed]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dell_XPS1710, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Dell_XPS1710

Dell_XPS1710 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    #1 Dell_XPS1710, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    Hello Guys...
    My Laptop runs with a cracked preactivated Win7 Ultimate Version.
    Could be the lenovo version. I installed this fu***ing update.
    My Problem is, i travel for the next 4 weeks and do not have any backup solutions with me.
    So i need to make it good the first time.

I have diffrent problems, first of all, i do not know exactly on wich activation tecnologie my Win7 is running. Because it was preactivated. And what i could see everywhere in the net is, first i need to remove the current loader. But if i don´t know wich one it is, how can i remove?

If i go to C:Windows directory, i sfound "7loader.tag" file.
    But if i start Win7Loader extreme, it shows me "Grub4dos" as actual loader.

Wich one is my one? Do i need to remove and how can i do that?
    If i hit uninstall loader in my win7extreme loader Software, will it remove any loader whatever it is? Or do i need to have a special program for my loader.

I changed my Key already twice with one of the keylist of that thread "forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/19404-Not-genuine-after-KB971033-update-Read-this!" because i had the blacklistet one from lenovo: But this did not work for me.

In the same thread is also written, that for preactivated versions you can just use daz loader and go that way
    ->hit uninstall->reboot->use daz loader->install-> reboot.
    Will it work for my case that easy without care about wich loader i have...is my version that what is meaned with pre-activated. (I just installed, and could see that a loader has been installed automaticly.) Dont remember the name.

So my version is pre-activated, this may work for me.
    But i still don´t know if it will remove my own grub4dos or whatever loader...

I downloaded even daz loader 1.7.9, and wat-remover 2.2.4. But did not use them until now. Just started one time daz loader, and he shows me an "untouched" windows...not valid

I would need a safe solution
    Somthing like ...read this or read that wouldn´t help me out...i need urgently my laptop for work.
    Can anybody help me out with some tips what i should do in my case and in wich order i need to go. :confused::confused:

Thanks a lot guys. I just can´t work with my customers if anytime appears the message that my windows is cracked. :biggrin:

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It will uninstall any loader....

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Also in the windows 7 repository read section 6-H that will also clean out any loaders

4. Dell_XPS1710

Dell_XPS1710 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    #4 Dell_XPS1710, Jun 9, 2010
    (OP)
    Thanks for fast reply´s i did read the suggested things, thanks a lot to you guys.
    I got newest 1.8.2 loader. And if i understood right, i just could try to remove and install with that one.

Just remove the old one by hitting "uninstall" in daz loader. Reboot-> and install new with daz loader (hit install)->reboot->validate online.
    ...do i need to activate any other options in Daz loader and do i need to choose Lenovo (because of lenovo oem on Dell laptop) or may i choose whatever i want?

In case of problems i follow steps under windows ripository 6-h.
    I tried to press r and also c during boot up liked it has been descript in win7 ripository. Im not able to see any bootloader. No menu appear. Does it matter?
    Should i try it with daz loader anyways?

How safe is that method? Could it happen that windows will not be able to boot anyways?

I hope this are my last questions....i thank you a lot for you help.

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    The methods mentioned above are completely safe. Plus u can choose any combination, but the SLIC and Certificate must be same.. o_O. If u have a Dell laptop, then SLIC=Dell, Cert=Dell and Key=Dell are always better......

6. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    #6 LQQL, Jun 9, 2010
    That's the problem. There's absolutely no version of Windows 7 that could really be "pre-activated" in the way Vista or even XP did. Don't fall for it, pal.

Get yourself a copy of a Win7 iso from the "Windows 7 Repository" (see the stickies) and do a fresh install. There are several save ways to get your Windows activated forever w/o any problem regarding to KB971033.

7. Dell_XPS1710

Dell_XPS1710 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    Ok. I got you.
    I will try that and choose Dell everywhere.

But how could then the lenovo version run before. Just to understand better...

Did the integrated loader choose dell automaticly during install (because of my model) or did the loader choose lenovo (because of lenovo oem)

To know this would help me out to understand when the settings "dell" anywhere don´t work to me, if it may help me to choose "lenovo" instead of dell to get it running?

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Please clear my doubts, you have a Dell notebook, but the bios modded with Lenovo SLIC????

9. Dell_XPS1710

Dell_XPS1710 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    #9 Dell_XPS1710, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    (OP)
    No. I have a dell XPS 1710 Laptop with original Bios on it. It cames with Vista.
    I just installed a Downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate version with integrated activation. I did not need to install any loader or activate after install. No Bios Flash made.
    There was a loader integrated i the win7 Image, but i have no idea wich one.
    I just could see during the installation of win7, that a loader has been installed. But it was way to fast to see wich one. Everything was activated.
    I think that on the download page was written somthing about "lenovo Version" but its 6 month ago and it was in another language written. Could understand just 10%.
    Here i found out, that the installed Produkt Key was really the one from lenovo wich is now blacklistet.

Again...i did not install any loaders or bios mods or whatever. All build in. When i open Win7 loader extreme it tells me that "Grub4dos"loader is used.
    If i open Daz loader 1.8.2 it tells me "untouched". In c:Windows directory i found a "7loader.tag file".

What i tried until now, i installed diffrent keys like describt in thread "Kb971033 Update read this!" I tried Hp, New lenovo, Dell and others. No success. Its now running on Hp Key(not genuine after online test). I did not try to hit "uninstall" button on diffrent loader programms i have. Because i need it working. C or R during boot process dont let me get to any menu where i could choose "boot without loader" or see the loaders name.

Thats all information i currently have. But if you need to know something to help me....il will try to find out for you.

Thanks that you take care about me.

10. shimolumut

shimolumut MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2010
    You should uninstall the old loader first and install a new one from DAZ.

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thats right, plus it is always recommended to use the untouched ISOs........ can be downloaded from the repo...

12. Dell_XPS1710

Dell_XPS1710 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    #12 Dell_XPS1710, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    (OP)
    I know..but when i downloaded Win7, it was not even officially released. Couldn´t find another source at this time.
    However....

I tried to reactivate with daz loader.
    Started Daz Loader 1.8.2 as Administrator->Hit uninstall-> Reboot -> Start Daz Loader as Administrator -> hit install (Daz loader choosed Dell settings automaticlly) -> Reboot
    Go to microsoft.com/genuine -> Validate online

Windows is now back as original. ;-)

I would like to rename this thread as [Fixed]...but could not find the button to do that.
    Maybe an Admin can do this for me. Perhaps somebody has same problem.
    Thanks for all your helps guys.

13. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Edited topic title as requested