Keep your hands off my spyware

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lobo11, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Atm I have dual boot win 8.1 and 10, removed most of Microsoft crapware cortana and defender and most others. I see improvements in Windows 10 over 8.1, boot up time about 3sec comparing to 8.1 about 10sec. And Windows 10 seems snappier than 8.1. After removing junk apps use about 600ram when everything closed. The only thing I don't like about 10 is that it take time to clean and customise windows, removing junks and finding out what's working in the background connecting to Microsoft servers.
    Will test it and customise for a few days of happy will keep 10

2. slayer9450

slayer9450 MDL Member

Aug 3, 2015
    If they are employed by Microsoft then by definition they are not blackhats.

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    if they have any employed (and pretty certain the do), they would be greys.

4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #44 lobo11, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    (OP)
    We do not care if they choose to get rid of spyware, have at it, but as EFA11 said when they start yelling the sky (Spyware) is falling, at least tell people how to responsibly use umbrella or fix it, have you seen how many fixes their are to this problem on this site alone, alot from first time coder's, you could not pay me to install some of this crap, stop telling people it's cool, unless you tell them what program to use, how to remove it when it does not act as stated, tell them exactly what this program does, what it effects.
    Murphy78 said he would look into this in a few days, he knows alot about this matter and can make a program that works and you do not have to worry about, most of all though will be the fact that uninstaller will be present, which there seems to be a lack of in these other programs.:eek:
    A lot of those sites are weeks behind on details.
    We've already been mentioning the need to firewall block or route block apps and stuff in addition to the basic telemetry disable reg keys.
    Murphy78 said
    When I get more time I'll look into seeing if I can at least get a functional script to block all the spying sh*t in LTSB.
    After that it's a matter of scaling it up to normal versions.

I should have a good amount of time in a few days after I get done with win7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. revertex

revertex MDL Member

May 30, 2010
    So you say, don't do it because it will break windows.

You are missing the point, windows is already broken since it's inception.

these days everybody have powerful computers, lots of storage, but no clue how to do a proper backup before do something stupid that can render windows unusable.

6. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    #46 mrbbq, Aug 16, 2015
    And I am telling you it will not work. You make a script to "block all the spying s**t in LTSB", and someone WILL run it not understanding what it does fully and break things, then complain about lacking options and details, then you will have to clear up further and further what exactly each thing does (which is what they will say they wish someone would do), and then you're back to it being too complex for them, and they'll say they wish someone would make a tool that does a specific task but without doing xyz. On a specific sub-edition of 10.

I'm sure any of the tool creators here will back this up.

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Murphy78 is a tool creator, has 6,807 posts to your 28, Think I'll stick with him:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    #48 mrbbq, Aug 16, 2015
    And while a script that turns everything off is more than possible, at the same time it WILL "break" stuff. You cannot keep Cortana and be remotely secure for privacy - that is a feature that will be "broken" as you put it. If you remove the built in software, anything that requires it as a knock-on effect gets "broken". There is no way around that.
    ...So then you go to a granular level and let people pick what to disable. Which means explaining it more, which means more to read, which makes it "too complicated", etc etc etf-ingc. I'm not sure what part of that you're struggling with to be honest.

Also, FYI? Post count bears no actual relevance to anything on the internet, ever. I happen to have lost the password associated with an older account due to a mistake. So as a metric for merit, clearly there's already a fail there.

9. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #49 CODYQX4, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019