Key Request

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ady199, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    #41 weinter, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  2. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #42 HotCarl, Aug 7, 2009
    You are naive if you think that MS will simply do nothing. It would be too easy to see who is authenticating on Windows Update with the leaked key, then log those users. They are breaking MS' license agreement anyway, so "...Windows Updates promises that it does not collect any personally identifiable information..." does not apply to piracy, or pirated copies where no agreement between MS and the end user had been formed...

EDIT: MS can do the same thing the RIAA and the MPAA do...log IPs and users. They have the right to protect their software and their intellectual property from piracy... If you don't want to expose yourself to this, do not use Windows Update until a new OEM SLP key is made available, or remove the OEM SLP key to restore Windows 7 to how it was before it was activated (e.g. "you have xx days left to activate..."). Windows 7 will still be able to use Windows Update while unactivated (and still within the 30 days), and you can rearm it for up to 120 days use. By then a new OEM SLP key should be out.

3. weinter

Feb 19, 2009
    #43 weinter, Aug 7, 2009
    You are right but I don't think they will do such a thing as RIAA
    Firstly majority of their income don't come from consumers.
    They come from large OEMs who pay them a lot yearly to package software with their system as well as business support.
    Coming after end users usually is not profitable...how much money can you get out of a normal individual
    That is why they actively come after businesses who pirate their software because they can get money from them.
    Coming after end users give bad rep as well as the fact they track all their software users and issues of privacy.
    Only RIAA is dumb enough to come after individual at the end they lose more in doing court case then the end user can pay up.

But the above is just speculation...

4. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    MS can do whatever they want with their intellectual property. Whether or not they want to take legal action is totally and completely up to them. If you want to take the risk and keep using Win7 activated on Windows Update like nothing is wrong, do so at your own risk, but don't tell others it is safe or give them the impression that there is nothing wrong with using it (with the leaked Lenovo OEM SLP key), when you do not know that to be true...

5. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    #45 Reign_Of_Freedom, Aug 7, 2009
    I look at it this way,if M$ wanted to really try and block the OEM Slp key and put your Win 7 into RFM i would think that would have done something already.

Seeing as though they have yet to really try anything remotely close to blocking the activation that should tell you something. But that just my 2 cents. But i will agree with keeping WU turned off for the time being. Hopefully we can get reliable updates from Zukona. Also MSDN users can confirm what updates were applied via WU. Just hope someone is nice enough to keep us informed here what updates have been applied via there MDSN install (valid key).

6. weinter

Feb 19, 2009
    Ok gotcha :)

7. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #47 HotCarl, Aug 7, 2009
    Says who? They (MS) cannot remotely deactivate a key...ROFL. They could deactivate it through a future windows update... Or possibly have Windows Update tell you that your copy of Windows is not genuine, but they cannot just disable an OEM master key with the simple push of a button.

EDIT: All we can do is wait and see what happens. It is almost guaranteed that the Lenovo key will eventually be disabled since MS has already stated that no PCs will be manufactured using this key...ever. If they do not disable it via Windows Update sometime around the retail release, you can bet that it will be disabled with SP1. It is only a matter of time. Be patient and wait for another OEM SLP key to be leaked. :)

8. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    W4K3U-P4NDD-0NT45-KF0R5-3RIAL
    wake up and dont ask for serial

G0BUY-TH3S0-FTWAR-3ATMI-CS0FT
    go buy the software at microsoft

lol i love it

9. silvergate

silvergate MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    LOL for these msdn keys and someone actually thanked for it :D:D:

Be patient no one would share a msdn key at this point.

10. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    That is what i meant HC via WU kinda late here and was thinking about other things :p

11. -jay-

-jay- MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    lol @ these beggers begging for keys , im not gonna give a key out hell no & get my account blocked , just use the bios hacks/mods or wait for another leaked key

12. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #52 HotCarl, Aug 7, 2009
    Its all good. People just need to be patient and wait until we get closer to retail. A new OEM SLP key will most likely be leaked around then, and everyone will have a key to activate and use Windows Update :)

13. alkykw

alkykw MDL Junior Member

Mar 25, 2009
    if anyone can send me Pm with a valid ultimate key ,i really appreciate :)

14. lesmilbank

lesmilbank MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2009
    rofl lmao:D:D:D

15. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #55 HotCarl, Aug 7, 2009
    Wouldn't we all... Good luck with that request. I have a feeling you will be waiting and staring at your empty PM inbox for a while though. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Another key: TH3R3-15ARA-5H0NM-YP3N1-50UCH ...LOL :p

16. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Congratz, you have cracked my 'the da vinci code' ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Maccik

Maccik MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    #58 Maccik, Aug 7, 2009
    G0FCK-Y0RS3-LFAND-BUI4-0R1G1

:D:D:D

18. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009