Keyboard repeat speed bug.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stimey, Jul 26, 2009.

1. stimey

stimey MDL Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Anyone else has the keyboard repeat speed/delay (when you press one key for a while) being very slow at times, like 1 character per second ? The only way for me to fix this is going to keyboard settings, drag it back a few steps, click apply, then drag it to fastest and again and click apply again. It only happens every now and then. Very annoying when you need to backspace a bunch of letters.

2. DKnight2066

DKnight2066 MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I have the same problem using Win7 in VMware, only my experience is backwards:

At random, the keyboard repeat delay will reset to the fastest slider setting possible, making then the quickest keystroke give me 5x of whatever key I hit.
    All is normal when I manually reset the slider myself, but having to do this at random is very annoying.

I am slightly behind in upgrading my VMware, so that may lead to such issues. At present my version does not have an "official" setting to install Win7 under. I used Vista x64 and installed without issues. I'll upgrade sometime in the future and test things out more.

TY for the post. I thought it was just something wonky on my end. :)

--DKnight

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG MDL Novice

May 31, 2008
    no problem here... emm.. I am using a logitech keyboard. anyway, did you try disable filter keys? may be it enable by accident

4. stimey

stimey MDL Member

Apr 21, 2008
    I've had the same issue in Vista. It happens very rarely though. I'm using a laptop btw, can't really put in a new keyboard to test, and using an usb keyboard will take too long as the problem only happens once a week max. Just wondering if anyone else has it ;)

5. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I too. But this is quite different as when right clik on 'My Computer' icon it takes more than 30 second to show up. Any ideas this is a bug?