KMSpico Activated OS Updated Good, But A Question...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ChaserLee, Aug 5, 2016.

1. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Alright, I did some digging, but couldn't find the exact answer to my question, which is this:

I just did the Anniversary upgrade to my backup system running Win10 Pro, and it was activated with KMSpico which did it's job great for the last year. The upgrade went just fine, and I checked in System, and it reports that the Windows is still activated. All well and good. But my question is, now that the OS survived the upgrade, would it be possible for me to uninstall KMSpico now, and still have the new Win10 remain activated, and keep the digital entitlement on the MS servers for any future re-installations of Win10?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Yes. HWID for that machine is @ MS database. Re-installs of W10 on that machine will/should activate fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bio Hazard

Bio Hazard MDL Member

Nov 23, 2013
    kmspico is a kms activator, if you uninstall it your activation will be gone in 180 days.

4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Did'nt he post that he got DE on that machine.

5. Bio Hazard

Bio Hazard MDL Member

Nov 23, 2013
    yeah i just wondering how did he get DE from kmspico:confused:

6. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Nope, not exactly what I posted. What I said was could I keep the DE that I ASSUMED MS gave me during the Anniversary upgrade... Key word being assumed... So, from the way you both are talking, I did not get a DE during the upgrade process then? My bad. I just thought that since it still showed as activated, that MS must have assumed the last version was legit. Sort of like going from a Daz Win7 to a Win10 upgrade...

So, from what I gather, I will need to keep KMS on the machine, yes?

7. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Last I knew, even after 29 July the Assistive Technologies route was still activating upgrades from KMS clients and from W7 activated by Daz loader. No idea what the situation is now via that route, there was a thread created about MS blocking it soon, can't find the thread, maybe it got merged elsewhere - dunno!

Well is that machine now DE activated or not? If yes, then bin KMSPico.

8. Bio Hazard

Bio Hazard MDL Member

Nov 23, 2013
    @ ChaserLee did your activation say " Windows is activated using your organization's activation service"?

9. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I do not know. I have no knowledge base of how to find out that information. Care to enlighten me, or shall I go digging? :rolleyes:

10. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #10 Nucleus, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    Settings > Updates & Security > Activation

11. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I did not get any kind of notice like that during the upgrade process. And when I pull up System, it just says "Windows is Activated" Nothing more there....

12. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    #13 ChaserLee, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Thank you! Now I see the message Bio was asking about. It says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service".

That is different that what I see here on my main computer. So, I gather I do not have a DE on the backup computer, and I need to keep KMS installed or find a way to obtain a DE now...

13. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    And actually, I'm not sure how to go about trying to get a DE on the backup system. Originally, I had performed a clean install of Win10 Pro last July, using the Genuine Ticket.xml method (going from a genuine Win7 Ultimate to a clean install of Win10 Pro), but after 2 attempts which failed, I went the KMS route. The reason I had to use the KMS method was that obviously the genuine Win7 Ultimate installation was gone, and I did not have the sticker on the machine to re-install it, then do a upgrade instead of clean install.

14. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Nope, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service". Bummer

15. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I do not have the linked to msa part, and I do not understand the rest of your post about being optional... My backup machine is running using a msa, but it was activated using KMS

16. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    OK, to simplify things... Now that I've found out that the activation is by "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service", because I run KMS, is there a method whereby I can get a genuine DE at this point? I'd like to be able to have that DE, and drop the KMS, if possible.

17. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    See back @ Post #7 antonio did it a few days ago - Try it.

Unless one of the others who are more into this can post a quicker/easier way.