KMSpico Activated OS Updated Good, But A Question...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ChaserLee, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Did you previously get a Digital License by upgrading?
    Open an elevated cmd and type: slmgr /dli and check the last 5 digits of the key (please show them here).

2. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    The last 5 digits are T83GX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
  5. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Alright, back to square one... It's now activated once more via a KMS key, but no genuine ms DE on file with them... I suppose this is where things will remain until someone comes up with a way to convert from KMS to DE, if that's even possible. Thanks!

6. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    If it's not an important machine, can't you just install W7/W8.xx and do the Assistive Technologies way and get DE that way. @ #Post7. Also Tito made a post this morning.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    If he uses a spare hdd to do it on, once established the HWID, he only has to change the key again to 3v66t on the current install :)

8. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Well, if I wanted to jump through all those hoops, I suppose I could. But considering I'd have to install Win7, then upgrade to Win10, then set everything back up the way I want it within the OS, with all my programs, settings, and prefs.... Just seems to be a little much to obtain a DE, if KMS will still do the trick. Yes, I'd rather have a DE, but not at the cost of all that rigamarow .. ;)

9. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    That's an idea. I may try that one day.

Alright guys, thanks for all the help, suggestions, and the education I got along the way. I believe I'll call this resolved, for the time being. Take care!!

10. esemef

esemef MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2013
    #32 esemef, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Install windows 7 ultimate oem, activate it using slic, upgrade to windows 10 pro by saying you use assistive technology.

I don't think anyone has been too interested in hacking windows 10, because it has essentially been free for the last year (and supposedly still is). I personally don't understand why anyone used kms to activate windows 10 in the last 12 months. Any future DE hack is unlikely to start with KMS, the only option is likely going to be spoofing a different hardware id.

11. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014

See, the thing is, I don't wish to install, activate, upgrade, do another clean install, bring the OS to the state I want it in, etc, etc.... I just wanted to know if there was a way to convert my current setup to a DE system, that is all. The answer, in a nutshell, is no. Not a problem, I can live with that. As far as understanding why I used KMS in the first place, you could read the entire thread and see why.

Thanks for your suggestion.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It's a hobby or not ;):D

13. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I agree, it's most defiantly a hobby and an avid interest for me.. But even my hobbies have a limit.. No OCD here. ;)

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Maybe a little bit ocd overhere but to me it's the challenge to get it done :)

15. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    The challenge and the education are the most important landmarks in the journey!

16. RobertJ

RobertJ MDL Senior Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Not that hard to understand that some people prefer Enterprise or Education or Enterprise LTSB to have more control over the OS, and unless they have a valid MAK from somewhere obviously KMS is the only way out.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    There is a big misunderstanding about using "valid" keys who are not officially bought.

For example:
    Having a MAK doesn't mean it's valid. The MAK is not meant for distribution outsite of the corporaration who it was sold to.

18. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    I still can't get my head around why "some" ppl appear to consider KMS as being an inferior method of activation. In "some" cases it's like "This machine is permanently activated." is all that's acceptable. I've installed KMS VL All on a few machines that have ran flawlessly for years - the users being oblivious to KMS and it renewing.

Not implying at anyone, just a long term observation - note the emphasis on "some".