Laptop beeps then switches off, help!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tamlovescarla, Oct 29, 2012.

1. tamlovescarla

tamlovescarla MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    ** I know this isnt a Windows 7 related issue but i didnt know where else to post it, sorry!! **

Im having issues with a laptop. When i switch it on the fan doesnt start at all (it use to) but it wil boot up as normal but after 2 or 3 minutes it starts beeping then cuts out. I have no idea what is causing this does anyone else?

I would appreciate any and all suggestions,

Thanks in advance.

2. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    Sounds like there is either a fault with the wiring inside, or there is a load of dust that's jammed the fan from spinning. of course i could be wrong, and i'm only guessing.

My advise would be to take the laptop back to where you purchased it, so they can assess what's causing the failures you're experiencing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tamlovescarla

tamlovescarla MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    I took the fan out and gave it a proper cleaning and when i blow the fan it spins freely!! But when i put it back in same problem, it wont come start up, loudly beeps about 5 times then the whole machine goes off!! Its been working totally fine for months up until this point!!

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011