Laptop not powering on.. but..

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Niekess, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    I have a problem.

My laptop is not powering on regardless of being on battery or adapter. There are no lights turning on once I press the button, just completely nothing. However, the light of the battery being charged does turn on once I plug in the adapter. So I'm sure there is some power going over the whole system.

I have left the laptop at peace after some tries on the power button and went on another laptop to look up the problem. After like 30 minutes did it turned on out of itself without any further problem. A restart was working too perfectly. But once I turned it off and tried to turn it again was it not working anymore.

I tried pulling out the adapter and battery while then holding the power button for over 30 seconds without any success.

What can be the problem and how to solve it?

It's kind of urgent to me since I use that laptop for my study a lot. Now I'm on another laptop with Windows Server 2012, might put 8 on it though. :p

2. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    specify brand/model ;)

3. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Forgot.. :p

It's an Asus KS53SC. But I have brought it to a local store who have sent it to Asus for repair. So it's waiting for now. I'm happy they send it though, not much in the mood of packaging a laptop in a box and risk sending it myself.

4. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Don't forget to tell what was the cause.. :D

5. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Hehe, well the cause is unknown for me. Once the laptop got back to the store from repair was there no information provided on what got replaced/fixed. I'm sure it's still my old laptop though, not a complete new one. :D

One thing that did got noted on the paper was that the repair guy flashed my bios to a newer version which got released in December. With this I though I could maybe install Windows 8 on UEFI setting now which didn't worked for me before. Now it went perfect, no problem. :)