Laptop with windows 10 home native, how get pro definetly?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by myabc, Jun 5, 2018.

1. myabc

myabc MDL Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Hello. Please help. I have a acer swift 1 laptop with native windows 10 home x64. I purchased a licence of windows 10 pro x64 and activation went ok. The problem is that i formatted more times the pc and the installation from pendrive (x64 pro windows from media creation tool) install always the home edition and i have to reinsert the key of professional licence for upgrading.

i ask what can i do for install at first step the professional version, since the installation procedure doesn't ask me the key!!!

i hope a help

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. myabc

myabc MDL Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. myabc

myabc MDL Member

Apr 19, 2014
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I don't think it's possible to have 2 keys in one pid.txt.

But you can add the other pid.txt but rename it pid.bak, and when you install that system, rename the other pid.txt to .bak.

ps, Did the first install got activated by the pid.txt key, because it shouldn't?

5. myabc

myabc MDL Member

Apr 19, 2014
    i want to create only a usb key for both laptops. the first installation was activated with win professional with your suggest, but at every reinstall it activate as home without pid file....

6. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Is it possible to use the generic win 10 pro key in pid file to force pro install & then later change the key?

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That's how it should be done, or when MRP is used you can use the option to use the pid key for activation.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It activates as home because when the pid is missing or no ei.cfg is used, the install will readout the MSDM for home from the bios and use it for activation.