Latest Windows 8.1 Jan2015 release by Murphy - why only Enterprise Pro WMC?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MonarchX, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    #1 MonarchX, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    I have a completely legit Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (non-WMC) key that I purchased. However, I use Murphy's AIO releases because they contain the most updates and all the good stuff. The latest release is not an AIO, but an Enterprise Pro WMC release. If I download it and install it using my legit key, then would it install it as a normal Windows 8.1 Pro x64 or would it forcefully install the Enterprise Pro WMC edition???

Is there going to be an AIO release soon?

It would be SO much better if The Great One (Murphy) would actually integrate ALL or close to ALL updates. I already mentioned this, but no matter how updated his releases are, there is still a ton of previous old updates that can be installed, which means they carry updated file versions, newer than the ones Murphy integrated. I practically have to double-click and check out some 100 updates to see if they can be installed. At times I have to do that twice because installing some updates, makes some previously non-install-able updates install-able. I think the good old Update 1 xxxx355 update is install-able for ever new installation that supposedly carries it + Update 2 and now Update 3. How crazy is that? I do not use any additional languages, just pure US English. After all that Windows Updates finds even more install-able updates from months ago! I wish it was like in the old days when you could integrate ALL the updates into WindowsXP installation and that would be the end of it...

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I greatly value The Great One's efforts and releases. None are better. AFAIK integrating ALL updates is not even possible, so I am not complaining, just thinking out loud!

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    B/C it's a torrent site and those are the only two versions worth torrenting.
    You're welcome to make your own updated version.

3. wzrdrcr

wzrdrcr MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2011
    Why is he complaining all he needs do to return it to a retail key is remove the Ei.CFG file from sources. That allows you to use the retail generic install key at prompt. Then just use valid key you saved if you where smart from Josh Cell's Advance Tokens Manager to make it your retail edition activated. Just saying because that's all I did to do it.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @MonarchX

You are welcome to discuss about integration process (there are already multiple threads concerning these matters), but we don't allow download/discuss about homebrew releases. Please use the PM system.