[LEAK] Windows 10 Build 9901

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    I noticed that they've stopped showing the build update under Preview Builds for fbl_awesome1501 now, although it was showing a week ago or so. I assumed that it would have shown 9913 as some reports are showing recently.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    I was seeing them but not anymore.
    And I don't know what happen to my update in setting but it does not work anymore.

3. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013
    So you aren't seeing them anymore either. I wonder now what is different between the systems that are seeing that 9913 build, which I believe it was mentioned that they were Windows 8.1 machines that had installed the patch to change flighting, and our 9901 machines which were seeing them a week ago or so. I mean, clearly MS has made some changes behind the scenes so that we aren't receiving those build update messages anymore any trying to download the fbl_awesome1501 builds, which of course was never going to work anyways since we aren't on their internal testing teams. But I wonder what these Windows 8.1 machines have in their registries that might be different from ours.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    fbl_awesome1501 is just for internal use of the MS Developer channel!

I haven't use 9901 for several days already because I decided for myself to wait for the next Pre-Release from MS itself which should be in an short time, within this month. As long as the RTM isn't in close sight, this OS is just a 'Toy' to 'play' with, NOTHING more! After the Pre-Release is released in BETA stage, which would may in April (or earlier) because of License cycle used which ends in April, we may could see a bit more clear what the final RTM would be. Still to RTM is a long way to go. So why bothering? we have good working W7, W8 and W8.1, do we really need more for the time being?

We also should keep in mind that the 3. party developers will also need their time for 'adjust' and/or build their products and drivers so they would ready in time W 10 is released. Their will still some companies like HP and others which will never ready in time!! I named HP because that is one of those companies which every time far behind the development of OS'es! So many other developers not keeping up to date with what already is on the market and for sure not what's coming in near future. Best it could be seen with the 64bit systems and software! That's although the reason why MS still is developing the new OS'es in 32bit too! A lot of the problems we have today with many software is related to that fact's!

5. WildByDesign

Sep 8, 2013
    pisthai,

I respect your comment, as I always respect everyone's individual opinions. I understand all of what you stated and I understand where you are coming from with that.

This is merely just for conversation. Playing with these builds is like playing with "toys", as you said. Some of us find interest in seeing what is progressing under the hood, which direction certain settings or applications are moving in and so on. Some of us like to tinker with things, figure things out. It can be just a simple learning experience for some. It can be anything, really. Just somewhat of an adventure from a software perspective.

As I said, I respect where you are coming from with your comment. I know there are a significant amount of users that are using these types of alpha/beta builds that really should not be using them. And also lots of users whining about this and that. But in this case it is simply just conversation between other interested users to see how things progress under the hood.

Cheers! :cheers:

6. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    This build is broke on my surface pro can't change my password most of the settings in the metro UI don't work.

7. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    It is still in testing, so if you wanted it to work 100% it will not.
    So don't say it is broke because it is not. You may have to play with it to get it working.
    That is what everyone should be doing. I my-self have had major problems on some installs and others it worked perfect.

8. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    #728 Mrox2, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    I know right, just revert back to old builds or use Windows 8.1, only those who are willing to risk (like me) should use such builds and even previews, its not intended for people with no experience.

Btw, here is some transparency madness! #ISupportAeroGlass #BringBackAeroGlass !! :clap:

Attached Files:

9. MyDigito

MyDigito MDL Member

Aug 16, 2012

Attached Files:

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    efi.cfg!! In sources of ISO!

11. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    Which ISO
    Build 9901

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If exist, would be in any ISO of any MS OS'es! All times in Folder: sources!

13. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2011
    #734 Rob Jansen, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  14. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007

Broken is still broken end of story.

15. chantszhim

chantszhim MDL Member

Feb 10, 2010
    What languages do Cortana support in this version?

16. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    What ever.
    Go some place else then.
    Have a good day

17. Mitchell7

Mitchell7 MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    It's called Pre-Release software, which is what Windows 10 currently is. Not everything is expected to work 100% and Microsoft quite clearly state this.

If this isn't what you want then may I suggest you stick to Windows 8.1 until Windows 10 reaches RTM.

18. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    He gave his feedback, which in the end is all that matters.

If something isn't working, what would you call it exactly? Yeah, we all know we're dealing with pre-release software... but last I checked, if something doesn't work, it's broken. The question is, can other people reproduce that issue? We should be trying to figure out what the issue is, not arguing over the correct usage of words and who should be using what software...

19. RLSARC

RLSARC MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    thanks! will try this one out