[LEAK] Windows 10 Build 9901

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    #741 maddog0266, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    I did not say what he/she should use.
    But really, all he had to say is "its not working for me, this is what is happening." Then maybe people here would give him some help to fix it.
    But no all he can say is "it broke my surface, its no good" boo hoo cry me a river. Ask for help maybe you will get it.

I have had problems with my install, some major, some minor. But I asked if anyone has had those problems and any fixes. I also have fixed problems and posted the fix that I have come across.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    He said the build was broke on his Surface; not that the build broke his surface. It's equivalent to the few posts of people saying features were broken on a VM.

I don't know if anything else was said before that; but I really don't see anything that would make that quote fuss-worthy.

3. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    #743 maddog0266, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    It does not matter, read his next post.
    After I said it is for testing.
    You can not expect this to work 100% when it is not 100% complete, it is not even close to 60% on this build.
    There are things not even there yet. The place holders are there, but the guts are not.
    He/she wants or expects it to be 100%
    If that is what he/she wants then keep using Windows 7 or 8.1

This is what luke posted..."Broken is still broken end of story."

4. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Just because its not working for your surface, doesnt mean its broken, yes its work in progress, but its not broken at all, its WIP and that is all, and its working perfectly fine for me, been using ever since it leaked, if you dont like wip/test/leaked builds then dont use them, stick to official final software, that's thee end of the story...
    You're using a WIP Build, do you expect it to work like a final build, for everyone? the fact its missing many features and how much it will change until final/RTM is enough, even the official preview builds are NOT intended for normal users and it is said TO NOT use it on your daily machine just in case, as it could be buggy for you.
    However, I do risk and use preview builds on my personal machine cause its the only one, but even before I do I make sure if its working fine for everyone else and then take the risk and install it, I wouldn't complain if it didnt work properly cause its not a final build or software, I take responsibility for installing a leaked build, and I love taking risks, so if you dont then dont bother, simple right? :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's how those user's, who using the TP as their primary OS, should ALL think about: before using! If they comply with you, fine, nothing against because they realize that they using the TP completely on their own Risk! There isn't any reason for to later on to complain about that their data are captured etc. and send 'home'.

MS has clearly warned in their Pre-Release notes about the TP that they're taking all, not just relevant data of the user. Who still is taking that risk, is totally on their own!

I for my part use the TP on an extra HDD on my Laptop and place that HDD inside the laptop only for to temporary use at the time I really want to use.

Also, critics are fine about how that TP is performing etc, but complaints! Everybody, who's using any Pre-Release OS or Apps, know, that they'll face failure and error's (may be a mass of them!) before they even using it! Know what will happen and still go ahead using, is nothing else than a very poor judgement which just display's the character of the user. Fundamental critics are fine and even needed and that's what MS was asking for in their Pre-Release note well known, that most of the users even not willing to report back to them (that's the reason of using the keylogger etc.) because they just want the product for free.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Exactly, if you think you can take the risk and contribute to the development then do, if you cant then simply dont install it.. seriously, its not hard.. if they dont want to use the feedback and are bothered by keylogger same thing, DONT USE IT, It's not intended to be used as a MAIN Forever OS, You should use the feedback and contribute and answer the feedback, it doesn't hurt, it helps development, or else never use it...

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Sad thing I see about the feedback they receive is, they are getting crap feedback on things they should worry about after the release instead of the core system itself *which btw is pretty good right now*. Pretty pretty lights always, so what if the engine is getting the wrong oil type. sigh..

but we will always have this debate and its worthless and pointless to debate something with a brick wall. It is a development OS at this point, and it is wanting to be fed with info. However someone wants to conceive it, it will always be that way until RTM (and who knows, they may keep the feedback monster going after too).

8. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen MDL Junior Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Most people using these builds are just enthousiasts that just want to try something new, but don't bother to think what these builds are for and complain about it such as ''Game X doesn't function to this build is ***'' (anything could be there) or something like that.
    Also, everybody has been notified about the logging that is included, if you are unhappy with it, go back to your previous OS, upon installing it you AGREE to it as you can read.
    You also agree that this build could be unstable, crash or just corrupts files. These builds are NOT meant to be used as production machines (example: work or official use), but they are meant for testing purposes only.
    Same goes for removing the watermark, for me, I want that watermark there, just because it is meant to be there.

Do not forget people who are complaining about 9888 or 9901 that it doesn't function. They don't have anything to complain about...
    These 2 builds were NEVER intended to be released out to the public, so if it doesn't function as you would except or just crashes, don't complain to Microsoft or Gabrail about it, they don't give about that, since you are using an unauthorized build. While they get valuable info about how these builds are used or problems to further inhance the release process and build functions, they don't make updates for it (or at least release them).

The Windows Feedback is meant for serious feedback, feedback they can use or what you would like to see, but just posting *** doesn't help anyone.

Some people just need to grow up first and finish elementary/primary school (or what ever you call it in your country) before using this sort of software, just because it wasn't meant for you to use.'
    It is meant for people who can actually give valuable feedback instead of just screaming like a kid that it doesn't work.

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Gabe Aul mentioned that MS will release new updates on the fast ring which means that new stuff is very due :D

10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    further on it became public through Gabe that we can expect new isos next to updates through WU ...
    wtf new work for me ... lol :D

11. ProjectONE

ProjectONE MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2015
    in this url are most win 10 update
    v4.download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/others/2015/01/ but need access

12. smartass1379

smartass1379 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2011
    I've been trying to revert to build 9879 from 9901, but I'm not able to run the ISO. Keep getting the error "Something Happened" and I'm unable to boot from USB. Anyone have any tips?

13. generalsu

generalsu MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah in 2 weeks. Still a long time to go.

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just do an new and CLEAN install!

15. SkOrPn

SkOrPn MDL Senior Member

Sep 8, 2012
    That happened to me too and NOTHING would fix it. Finally, had to find my old Windows 7 DVD and install that and then fix what ever was wrong with the flash drive. Not sure why it would not install from the same drive/source I used to install it from a week ago. Makes no sense to me. Anyway, instead of trying to solve the mystery I just used rufus within Windows 7 and started from scratch and that worked fine. Also cleaned out my SSD's just in case...

16. Slycer

Slycer MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    I just want to quote this and say a BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU!

Three of my drives died suddenly in December. I spent 40 euros for a NEW PCB because I thought something fried the drive. Waited a month to get it from america. I cannot believe that MS does not issue some sort of popup warning to ALL Windows 10 testers. I spent MONEY and so many nerves. IDIOTS.

17. enotar

enotar MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2011
    #758 enotar, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    [Solved]

Hello Guys Thank you for this build, it just is fantastic, I love it..........This is what Windows should have been long time ago.I have a small question and I am very sorry to bother if this has been posted or solved here: How do you get Net framework 3.5 installed?With this thread I acieve to restore updates and get rid of watermark but couldn't install net framework with control panel/programs/ enable features. I even tried a solution from internet pulling the update from the distribution but it did not work, I really did not understand the first part where I need to boot from linux to get the update.Can someone help me? I really don't want to go back to 8.1.....Thank you so much

18. enotar

enotar MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Yessssssss

Got it with this thread: forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/58658-How-to-install-NetFramework-on-9901/page2?p=984071&viewfull=1#post984071This forum rocks......thanks guys

19. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    #760 Garbellano, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015