Legion Y740-15IRHg - iCUE sees wrong keyboard layout

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by xprzemekw, Jun 21, 2021.

1. xprzemekw

xprzemekw MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2021
    #1 xprzemekw, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Now try to calm down first and then find out what the problem is and then clarify to us again.
    Interestingly, you have put pictures of two completely different types of keyboards here, one of which, among other things, has some buttons interchanged. Why? First, why two different types and for the secon, why are some buttons changed their normal locations?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xprzemekw

xprzemekw MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2021
    Sorry to be not specific enough. I thought about this issue so much that probably I took a shortcut describing it.

So: upper screen comes from (is actually a screenshot) the Corsair iCUE software used to steer RGB lightning, run on the affected machine.
    As you noticed it shows different layout than visible on the second photo, which actually shows physical keyboard layout of the laptop.

and issue is: iCUE software 'somehow' thinks layout is German while actual physical layout of the laptop is English QWERTY. I just started thinking where Lenovo stores this value...

Serviceman after replacing motherboard put again MTM and Serial but apparently forgot (or did not know) other things needs to be set up.

4. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Did you look at ' Settings / time and language / language / keyboard ' and also ' prefered languages ' click on the keyboard and select ' Options '

5. xprzemekw

xprzemekw MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2021
    Yes, I did, everything in Windows is set to English

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  7. xprzemekw

xprzemekw MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2021
    @Tito thanks a lot, will do.

8. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >Yes, I did, everything in Windows is set to English

I'm interested to see what the solution is because i have a similar problem = My system is in english but the keyboard is german ....... and it keeps changing it to english while i'm typing .:)

SO my provisional ' solution ' is to go to ' prefered languages ' click on the keyboard and select ' Options ' , find the keyboards = an english one and a german one ........ and delete the english keyboard so it has to use the german one .