Legit Windows 7 Ultimate Question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lumberjack, Apr 10, 2010.

1. lumberjack

lumberjack MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2010
    This will properbly appear thick to all you techies out there, but here goes. I've got full retail version of 32bit 7 Ultimate installed and activated on my wifes pc and was thinking of installing 64bit version on my pc. Is there a way to install and activate 2nd installation without using and therefore comprimising the original product key ?

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    No, you cannot legitimately activate both 32+64 bit with 1 key. Can activate only one version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Ofcourse not.. 1 key = computer, thats it......

4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Each key can be used 10 times. So if you only activate once on each, you have 10 PC's able to activate. This is illegal, however, but it's impossible for them to tell. You can use PAYMYRENT's activation backup program so you can restore your activation on each PC without reactivating if you need to reinstall the OS, meaning you'll only ever need to use the key once.

5. lumberjack

lumberjack MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2010
    Hazar your reputation goes before you, I salute you ! In other words, thanks for your reply.
    Are you really saying that if I install 32bit on one pc and 64bit on the other, activate both, that Bill is not going to come out of retirement and visit me in the detector van !!!!!

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    That is correct just do not activate both of them one right after the other. I would wait at least a day before activating the second one after you activate the first one if that makes sence. The activation servers are programed to auto-block keys that are used a lot at one time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...