LENOVO (IBM) Bioses, especially Thinkpad.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mod Requests. Post Requests Only' started by ancestor(v), Jun 17, 2009.

1. kblake71

kblake71 MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2013
    I seen that. Wondering why the os won't auto activate then?
    Have you seen this where the SLIC is preset but the OS still won't activate?

Do I need to install a new certificate? I see the file ACRSYS.XRM-MS

2. kblake71

kblake71 MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2013
    Problem Solved. I figured it out using another post on this site.

Needed to install the certificate that was provided with the bios mod. Here is what I ran in an elevated cmd prompt.

slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\acrsys.xrm-ms

Thanks for the help

3. opt_step

opt_step MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2010
    you mod pierced ?

4. AmiroGarry

AmiroGarry MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2013
    Hello i have the Lenovo Twist. I have a problem. Can you help me for the whitlist mod? Have you for the twist a special how to. Thanks

5. DumTechie

DumTechie MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2010
    ran update and the system complained if I want to replace bios with older version. I agreed. update went normally. But upon reboot, the message error 00CE machine name and ID invalid! it then logs into win. However no slic as per slictool kit. Reboot and try to boot to dos but it won't go there! Don't see the option USB key in the boot sequence; went into bios and loaded defaults and moved USB key to the top. Reboot says no OS (on USB key!)

As it were, this was done already and done without boot errors. Found the file floating on web, caught it, upgraded the bios and all it well. Thanks to whoever tried to help out.