Lenovo Responds to leaked Windows 7 Key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by firefoxdude, Aug 5, 2009.

1. firefoxdude

firefoxdude MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
  2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Lenovo-gate hehe..

I always love how they put the FUD of you will get trojans and viruses and other malware if you download from unauthorized sources.

They were like one of our systems were stolen.... I can see it now. Guard: Uhh hey where are you going with that system Worker: Uhh I need to take this home for testing purposes. Guard: Oh ok, just make sure you bring it back tomorrow.

3. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Heh - with the tools they won't even need to 'lend' the preinstalled systems home :) They've could extract the key within seconds with the software on a pendrive ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    I am sure that M$ uses the same techniques to call "home" in stealth mode and piggy back on legit traffic.

5. Obelix

Obelix MDL Junior Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I think this can work in many companies in all countries around the World. Not only in China. ;)

Obelix

6. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    I just got one word to say to Lenovo, and that is: Thanks!. Thanks for having such crappy security that you allowed some one to walk off with your master OEM key... :) ...nice little story though...gotta find some way to justify the leak of your key... Thanks again! :p

7. remorema

remorema MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    A big thanks to all lenovo security personnel

8. YooBlu

YooBlu MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Very funny, you made my day!:)