LENOVO z50-70 bios recovery. Need Help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by manusaxi, Oct 24, 2017.

1. manusaxi

manusaxi MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2017
    Hello
    Sorry for my poor English..I'm French.

Maybe you can help me to avoid the replacement of my Bios?
    I install Ubuntu in UEFI to test the last version(automatic partitioning 511Mo EFI + EXT4)
    Unfortunately due to a manipulation error EFI partion is lost
    Now I can not boot on another media, the bios absolutely want to boot UBUNTU UEFI, the boot sequence change in the BIOS does not register and does not give me the ability to boot to a USB key or other média.
    I cant go to legacy mode, or disable secure boot, bios dont save any parameters. ( except DATE and time )

Is BIOS replacement physically my only chance, or is there a way to recover bios at boot time? ( I have buy one on EBay 10 days shipping time)
    I have already tried to unseat the system stack but this has only had the effect of losing the current time and date.

I Have try method with Wincrysis and the soft from andyp to find the name of the bios files.
    forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/tool-to-insert-replace-slic-in-phoenix-insyde-dell-efi-bioses.13194/

I see that all manufacturer with InsydeH2o bios have a other method to boot on a recovery usb Key.

Thank you in advance

attached bios files find in .exe package from Lenovo. --> drive.google.com/open?id=0BzCKHFlxGHSLU0hlUWFXN0pDSnc

Manu

2. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
  3. manusaxi

manusaxi MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2017
    Hello Tonto11

Thank you for the answer.
    No i know the "NOVO" button. But in the Bios the only parametre who are save after a change is date an time. The other parameteres are lost (unmodified) after a reboot. I try save parametere and save and exit in the bios

4. manusaxi

manusaxi MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2017
    I try wit this methode but the PC dont boot on the recovery stick

bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-MUST-READ-LENOVO-Laptops-bios-recovery-by-USB-VERY-IMPORTANT

5. manusaxi

manusaxi MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2017
    Hello

I have physicaly change the Bios chip.
    Its OK

6. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    Glad you were able to find a solution

...T