LF "Open With Manager" removal method

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by rvnlord, Aug 5, 2015.

1. rvnlord

rvnlord MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2013
    I was able to resolve some of my previous problems with this tool that exist since win 8 apparently (I mentioned it in my previous thread), but this time it turned out to be really annoying so I am looking for a way to permanently ERASE this tool from windows, I don't want anything to be handled by it. Cuz even if I set apps in the registry and their work, it still prompts "Are you really sure that you still want to open this file using certain app? Or maybe you changed your mind and want to use Microsoft Maps disabled cuz of UAC?". Example is when you install mpc-hc, check to open all selected file types with it and even if they are all properly written to the registry (registry keys are exactly similar to the ones in windows 7) it prompts if I want to open .mp3 using mpc-hc.

By the way I found some project online that replace this "open with" with classic equvalent from windows 7, but it doesn't work on all prompts, it works well only if the file is not associated with any app at all.

*by saying app I don't mean app from store, but any application/software etc

Would be grateful for any help.