Linux Gurus which one would you choose?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Hoppyah, Sep 15, 2017.

1. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kim100

Kim100 MDL Addicted

Jun 17, 2009
    After a lot of Googling I have just installed Ubuntu Budgie.

Ubuntu & Debian have the best driver support for my wireless peripherals and my Epson printer. I had a look at Solus and took to Budgie which in turn led me to Ubuntu Budgie. I would have gone Debian and installed Budgie on that but some reports suggest that Budgie is presently buggy in Debian, I may go there at a later date. At the moment my PC is running very nicely, I would not have gone Ubuntu by choice but I am impressed so far.

One strength of Linux may be that there are so many variants that one of them should suit your hardware. If this had been a Windows problem I would have had to go back to an older version or buy new kit.

I'm afraid in the Linux world the gurus cant help you much, what has turned out [so far] to be my best option is the one that these guys dislike the most, its not that they are not wrong, its just hard to find the right fit for the individual and the kit they happen to have.