Linux is better than Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by revoix, Jun 22, 2015.

1. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I would recommend Linux Mint 17.2 (Rafaela / 3.16.0.38) for that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Neah, I think Rosa's sexier. :laie: :laie: :laie:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    #63 nodnar, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    okay, we all need to rant every now and then,and i for one cannot plead innocent to that, and i can sympathise[ i tried to save animated gif in linux the other day,],but now that you got it off your chest, just try to realize that most of them can play Phoenix Marie very nicely,and you are unlikely to find a us lawyers suggestion for a $800 settlement payment on your doormat or in your inbox for downloading anytime soon...it may be worth while to be a linidiot once in a while.. ;)

4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Is Phoenix Marie better than Tetris? Is this game only for linux? How about porting it to other platforms? :eek:

:laie:

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I used to own this book. It was both dangerous and hilarious at the same time. If You can find it, grab it. A manager took my copy away when I used it to crash an HP-UX installation by typing a line of text into the shell. :D

"Segmentation Fault...." :laie:

let's face it. ALL computers and OSes suck in varying degrees. Sometimes, people suck more. But You can't snuggle up to a computer on a cold winters night (Well you can, but that's a subject that's between you and your therapist). And, unless you date an Idiot Cevant (or you are one), you can't calculate Pi to 300,000 digits without a computing device of some sort.

When your computer starts to "suck", it's nature telling You to get out and spend some time around people. Do that, and your computer and OS will start to suck less.

6. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    did you google it? :D

7. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @nodnar: I did. on both duckduckgo and google. It's hard to find the original book. The one with the chapter on the various shells.

That's the fun chapter. :sneaky: :D

8. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
  9. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    I just read the X-Windows part of the Handbook, that's pure commedy. :p

"If the designers of X Windows built cars, there would be no fewer
    than five steering wheels hidden about the cockpit, none of which fol-
    lowed the same principles—but you’d be able to shift gears with your
    car stereo. Useful feature, that.
    "

10. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    That book is hilarious in a historical sense. 25 years ago, the "antics" worked fine. Now, I'm not so sure.

But it's a great read. :)

11. monkeylove

monkeylove MDL Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Related: consider the article "Linux Mint hit by malware infection on its website, forum after hack attack."

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    what! :rofl: