Loader question requesting clarification please.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Janset, Nov 16, 2011.

1. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #21 hbhb, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    And where can I find this Windows 7 USB DVD please?

3. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi Guys.
    I posted a reply yesterday but somehow I stuffed up as the post is not here, so I will try again.

I must confess first that I am very close to information overload so if you do not mind I would like to recap.

It appears to me that we are discussing 3 issues.

The First Issue:
    The removal of WAT using WATfix, the installation of DAZ'z Loader V2.0.9 (making sure program runs full length) then validate from the M$ validating site, link you provided [this should be done using I.E.....not Mozilla, my usual browser].

Second Issue:
    Create a USB drive containing SP1 using the tools and download from your suggested sites.

Third Issue:
    The creation of a USB Thumb Drive that contains the entire Windows 7 installation disk for use at a later date if required. This task I would like to leave for a later date.

Could someone please confirm or correct if I have missed something?
    Incidentally I purchased a 4 Gig Toshiba Thumb Drive yesterday. :rolleyes:

Regards

4. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi acrsn.

Just to make sure, is this link: (snip)....... 59465.ISO the bootable file for the USB drive that I use to install SP1 after my system has been "fixed" back to WGA?

In this reply to you, I tried to use the full file link as in your above post but it was not permitted (for some reason) so I am only including the numbers at the end of the link so that you can identify it.

I hope it is as I am downloading it now to my 4 Gig USB stick. :D

Regards

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Janset,
    You got all the steps Ok.
    To just fix your system up, yes FIXWAT, Daz, validate and you are back to normal.
    To upgrade to win 7 SP1: Yes Acrsn link is good for win7 64 bits, u will need to create a USB bootable using USB WIN prog , change boot order manually to USB using F8 , u good to go . After all done, you will activate using DAZ .
    Just need to execute , you ll do well, no worries. Nothing can not be fixed, so whatever can go wrong can be reverted back to normal,plus you have a backup too.:D

6. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    #27 Janset, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
    (OP)
    Hi hbhb.

Sorry to flog a dead horse but I need to confirm, is (below numbered ISO a bootable USB ISO with AP1 on it.
    >Just to make sure, is this link: (snip)....... 59465.ISO the bootable file for the USB drive that I use to install SP1 after my system has been >"fixed" back to WGA?

SIDE NOTE: I ask the above as I requested a zipped file from a friend yesterday but Windows would not open it claiming it was dangerous. I turned off my AV prog, my Firewall and Window Defender but the same Windows error message appeared. When I explained this to my friend he stated that he believes that somewhere over the last few Windows updates my computer may have been altered to cause this fault, (protect Windows files). I do not have a Virus in my system nor any malware. I am about to check out another "saved" zip file to see if the same thing happens again on the test file.

UPDATE: Tested 3 zip (non Windows) folders and all opened as they should?

Regards.

7. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    All good man, yes that is a good link to win7 pro SP1.

Note that the above link will give you an ISO, you need a program like poweriso,ultraiso or such to see the content. However , no unzipping involved here. Once you have it, just use Windows 7 USB DVD prog, and follow 4 quick steps. Give it a run. u ll have it in a matter of minutes in your USB;

8. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi acrsn.

You have answered the question that had me puzzled, thanks.

As to your question, I can't give you a link to go to the page to read the fix as I am still not permitted to enclose a link to this Forum as yet. However, if you Google and ask the question: "How to disable Windows File Security", no quotation marks, it the top listing on the page. Where as Win 7 is specifically listed, Vista is, and I have found that in may fixes they are the same.

I have as yet not tried the fix out.

Regards

9. dkinsano

dkinsano MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2011
    So that did the job

10. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi All/

Yep, it did the job alright. :p

Regards

11. Janset

Janset MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2011
    Hi All, I am back after a spell of inter dimensional travel.

I am pleased to say that the fix worked a treat in all respects. It went as smooth as silk.

I would like to thank:
    acrsn
    CaptainKirk 1966
    urie for his alternative suggestion

But most of all, I would like to thank hbhb for his tireless perseverance and patience in answering each and every one of my (what I now see) silly questions.. Again hbhb I must apologize having spammed you when my email address book was hijacked. I hope you have had no further spam emails from me. :p

And who made this fix possible I thank DAZ for WATfix and the Loader program.

A most excellent forum. Keep up the great work fellas. :worthy:

Regards