Loader uninstaller.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dolorous Edd, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Hi, I would like to make a script that will remove a loader and restore the original boot sector. I don't want to use a loader with the uninstall feature. The reason is that many people are being told they have to do a clean install and install a key then activate and I know it isn't true. I think the people on the MS boards are purposely making these people go about this the hard way.

What are the respective commands for both 7 and vista to rewrite the boot sector?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    1 Use the windows's DVD
    2 enter in repair PC
    3 go to console and type this:

bootsect.exe /nt60 all
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    this will clean all the loaders you had installed.

3. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

Thanks, I will write this down and the next time I see them tell someone to format and clean install to get rid of "one of the 70+ hacks" I will suggest this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
  5. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    wait what?? why on earth would you do that? we def dont need any more exposure than we already have here going on???????????????????? i do seriously hope you were kidding...

6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Relax, I was kidding. But, do you really think they don't read this forum?

7. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    im sure they do but why bring any more of them here.... not the normal people but the ms ones im sure they read it but im sure it would seriously piss them off linking here lol