lobo11's collection of click-bait articles

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lobo11, Jan 16, 2016.

1. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Fixed that for ya ;)

2. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015

Never ever discard Windows 10 into the normal trash, it's hazardous waste!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thorin0815

thorin0815 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    #83 thorin0815, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Windows 10 isn't free for upgraders, it's just free of money payment. You are paying with lots and lots of data!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    Oh look, another I hate Windows 10 thread. And look, it was started by lobo11 to pad his thread/post count.

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I never said I hated Windows 10, don't like the way they are pushing it and some privacy concerns, and I could care less about post count, I have no desire to be anything at MDL.:D

6. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    You will always be prompted before the upgrade process starts. You can turn off auto-installation of these "recommended" updates. Those "forced upgrades" aren't happening. What's the big deal?

The vast majority of home users don't care about what their PC runs as long as they can browse Facebook and watch cat videos on YouTube. What they see on their screen isn't "Windows 7" or "Windows 10", it's "the computer" or "the Internet". And unless their PC at some point isn't able to open a web browser or Word they aren't ever going to see a reason to upgrade their OS. Fast forward a few years, and Windows 7 will be in the exact same spot XP was in when it hit EOL. No software vendor will want to see a large portion of its customers running obsolete software. That's why they're pushing the upgrade. That's why web browsers have started these "forced updates" long before Microsoft did, and for good reason.

Users just don't care about these things. And they shouldn't have to. A PC should be accessible to everyone, but still be able to satisfy the needs of power users. The way I see it, this is still the case. Don't want to upgrade? Then don't. Nobody's forcing you.

I wonder how many of those people are complaining about not being able to install Android 4.2 on their new Android 5.0 smartphone, or about Google "forcing" them to only run a recent version of Android on new hardware... :rolleyes:

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And that's why you post content like yours?! If you've nothing productive to post on topic, why start attacking others? It's maybe everything, but fair and objective!

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Oh look, another pointless comment, to pad your own post count

(Yes, I've just done it too)

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Here's mine too !!!!
    :beee: :D

10. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    It already exists. It's called Linux. I use it for 99% of the things I do. The only time I use Windows 10 is to update the firmware and maps on my two GPS devices.

11. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    You can't do that with previous versions of Windows?

12. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    I guess I should elaborate a bit. It's strictly a hardware issue and not related to the OS at all. My Windows 10 machine is the only one I have that has a SDHC card reader, and I must use a SDHC card to update my two GPS devices. The software itself is compatible with Windows XP and up.

My other machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 which lacks a SDHC card reader. On that machine I dual-boot between Windows 7 and Linux Mint 17.3.

The point I was really trying to make is this: You can complain all you want about Windows 10 and all of the issues it brings to the table, but it won't change anything. I personally feel that the powers that be at Microsoft will just continue on their current course and do whatever they want, namely data mining their user base. That's one of the reasons Windows 10 was offered free of charge for one year and why all current Windows 7/8/8.1 users are being urged (or forced in some cases) to upgrade. More users = more potential data = more potential to make money analyzing and/or selling the harvested data.

The only way to send a message to Microsoft and force a change in Windows 10 is to stop using Windows 10. When Microsoft realizes their error in judgement, then perhaps things will change for the better. But since I'm in the minority and always the pessimist, I doubt that I will ever see that happen.

13. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Yea, my point was it sounded as if you were saying you use Linux for 99% of things, and you only use Windows 10 rarely, because you don't like it / trust it / want it / think it's cr4p etc etc

So I was asking if your GPS software worked on other Windows versions, and if so, with your dislike for 10, why you chose to run 10 on the machine you use to update your GPS, when you have plenty of other choices

And if you want to boycott MS by not using 10, why not install 7 or 8.1 on it instead?

I don't like 10 either, I run 8.1 with 'telemetry' and 'force Win 10 on me' updates removed and hidden, along with GWX control panel to keep an eye on things that side for me

--
    In a nutshell - why run 10 on any machine at all if you feel like that? And have alternative options

14. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    i can see microsofts point about wanting every windows user on the same os,would make their life and business much easier to run,i find nothing wrong with win 10,i turn off what i don't need,and make sure their are no background apps running,like the news apps and cortana which i don't need.

15. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011

deplorable, 100, where tf is the i dislike this post??

16. draken

draken MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Smartphones are a completely different beast and have been that way right from the start.

By the way you can disable automatic app updates in Google Play Store.

As a power user I use my computer for work at times.

Forcing Windows updates and driver updates may affect the realiability of my computer because:

- Microsoft isn't testing updates thoroughly;

- Microsoft does NOT test any drivers at all, except for its hardware;

- Microsoft isn't working closely with hardware vendors, so any major change in Windows 10 architecture may result in system crashes and hardware malfunctions. (*)

(*) Examples:

- Synaptics Touchpad driver update caused BSODs in many systems some months ago and it took a long time for Microsoft to remove it from Windows Update.

- Microsoft is stupid enough to let Windows 10 to install any driver for Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 available in Windows Update Catalog. This is insane, some drivers may crash Windows 10 as soon as installed.

17. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  18. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I just wanted to show that I am not anti WinSpy 10:eek:

19. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I can't see Defender ever becoming 'powerful', it's probably only included as a selling point / legal reasons, with minimum effort from MS