Lock folder based on windows permissions

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Deleted member 222776, Jun 28, 2015.

Hi all. I'm trying to lock a folder in windows 7 in a way to asks for username and password everytime you access it.
    I tried using permissions and left only SYSTEM and ADMINISTRATORS group but as soon as I access the folder I got a prompt to continue the operation and it allowed me without entering username/pass.

My account is admin on windows but I want it locked for everyone, including me.

How can I do this with windows without 3rd party programs?
    Thank you.

1. sonic9

sonic9 MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    not possible within windows ... even if many want this and think is easy !

I use a crypted archive .pfo with Pismo File Mount version 173 , with this version , you can mount / unmount folder within current folder , a popup ask password when mount.

2. Such a small thing and yet not a single implementation of it. I know you can do it in 3rd party programs but it's not something I would loose sleep over. The files are not that important.
    Thanks.

3. Does it really protect against crypto-malware? I'm seriously freaked out by that type of malware and would like to find a good sollution to it.

I'm guessing any truecrypt or similar container would also be encrypted by this malware, right?