LockScreenGone v1.0

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dobbelina, Nov 27, 2016.

1. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    #221 johnye_pt, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    The patch is no longer needed with the latest build 15063, so development stopped. To remove the lockscreen in 15603 I use this in cmd line w/ admin:
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization" /v NoLockScreen /t REG_DWORD /f /d 1
    The 2 only solutions I can see for you is upgrade to 15063, or use a restore point to rollback the updates.

EDIT: if you only have one account without password, and you got rid of the lock screen but Windows requests you to click on "sign-in" after supension/hibernation, use this trick:
    Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options, add a password, change menu then come back (for ex. click on "E-mail and App Accounts" then "Sign-in options" again), change "Require Sign-in" to Never, then remove password. I tried to monitor for registry changes but couldn't figure out where this setting is stored.

2. zilonline

zilonline MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2017
    Okay, thanks! Does your solution also remove it when you do fresh startup?
    I guess I can wait until 15063 comes for my PC, cause I cannot defer the updates for forever. I think I have a restore point that could help to roll back, but yesterday - after trying to solve an odd 'no audio' problem - system restore didn't work. The solution for that would be to rename the WindowsApps folder in Safe Mode and then try again.. I did that once when LogonControllerv6 ceased to work, but anyway - that's another topic.

3. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    Yes it does. My laptop which only has one account without password boots directly to desktop, whether from restart, shutdown, sleep or hibernate.
    So, to disable the lock screen:
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization" /v NoLockScreen /t REG_DWORD /f /d 1
    And to disable the sign-in button:
    Code:
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Power\PowerSettings\0e796bdb-100d-47d6-a2d5-f7d2daa51f51" /v ACSettingIndex /t REG_DWORD /f /d 0
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Power\PowerSettings\0e796bdb-100d-47d6-a2d5-f7d2daa51f51" /v DCSettingIndex /t REG_DWORD /f /d 0

4. zilonline

zilonline MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2017
    Hmm, but I'd still like to be able to quickly type my password, hit enter and go. Just in case someone other than me finds the laptop and decides to open the cover, you know..

5. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    So use only the lock screen tweak and ignore the sign-in tweak :D

6. zilonline

zilonline MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2017
    I waited a bit, but the update arrived and the install went fine. I'm back to the login screen I prefer and it worked just like you said, thank you! :)

7. zilonline

zilonline MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2017
    Hello,

recently I had to uninstall update package KB4034674, because my system developed an issue where right-clicking on the taskbar on any of my open applications never worked or had a very long delay. Also, left-clicking on the tray icons (power, network and volume) had the same lag. The thing is, after uninstalling that update, my lock screen has come back, even though I have that setting in the registry as it should. Anyway, I'd prefer to have my taskbar respond correctly anytime over the lock screen being disabled, but I'd still like to go back to the way it was: not having to click anything to go to the password screen.
    What can I do?
    Win 10 Pro x64 version 1703 OS build 15063.540

Thanks,
    zil

8. danil0

danil0 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2017
    #228 danil0, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Please Help ...I run the install file(unfortunatelly did not keep backup of the dll file) on a teclast X98 pro tablet and then I have black Screen. I have made so many restarts but happens the same it boots and when it must appear logon screen I get black screen. The only choice I have is to hold power button and shut down nothing else it is working. How can reverse this happened?? Please help!!

9. danil0

danil0 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2017
    ok finaly my desktop PC saved me... I just coppied the LogonController.dll from system32 folder of desktop PC to my tablet via comand promt and voila!! its working again!!

10. danil0

danil0 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2017

what do mean with "...then remove password...."?? it does not allow you to remove password it is oblicated

11. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    Well it did in my case. Add password to account, change "Require Sign-in" to "Never", remove account password. I use suspend/hibernate every day and I never see a lock screen nor a login screen.

12. danil0

danil0 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2017
    unfortunatelly on my case (win 10 home) I cannot change the "Never" to "something" when I come back it is never again... maybe with all these registry edits I have made it stacks!

13. sp00f

sp00f MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2017
    #233 sp00f, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    omg... this post has fixed my problem!

if you only have one account without password, and you got rid of the lock screen but Windows requests you to click on "sign-in" after supension/hibernation, use this trick:
    Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options, add a password, change menu then come back (for ex. click on "E-mail and App Accounts" then "Sign-in options" again), change "Require Sign-in" to Never, then remove password. I tried to monitor for registry changes but couldn't figure out where this setting is stored.

14. zilonline

zilonline MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2017
    I still don't get it.. I have build 15063. Doing a cold boot brings the lock screen, once I'm in the desktop and then lock, the screen is gone (as I want it to be). The registry setting is there. What should I do to get rid of the lock screen during a fresh startup as well?

15. bear_aussie

bear_aussie MDL Senior Member

Jun 8, 2015
    holy thread necro batman!
    cuz that's not the lock screen - its the logon screen
    ezy mistake to make cuz thye look the same
    cuz that IS the lock screen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    sorry to necro the thread but is there any way to disable the lockscreen on the lastest build? the reg trick no longer works.

17. Kratong

Kratong MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2016
    #237 Kratong, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    @RanCorX2

h t t p: / / answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lock-screen/d1d0f154-085b-4c4e-b04f-98f14ca60656

w w w .windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-lock-screen

══════════════════════════════════════

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization

And change "NoLockScreen" value to 1.

Note: Make sure you backup registry enteries before trying above steps.

══════════════════════════════════════

18. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^
    try make use of gpedit.msc simple as water

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    the reg option doesn't work in 20H2, it's ignored.

gpedit doesn't work either.

20. migascalp

migascalp MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2009