Looking for Windows 10 Build 9888 to test out kernel 10.0

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by riahc3, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I'm 110% sure he won't either

Didn't look like anything special from the video anyway

2. Mister_Hunt_420

Mister_Hunt_420 MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2014
    u can download each new release by making a Microsoft TechNet account . I have the copy but my bandwidth just 2 low 2 try n upload it anywhere

3. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    Technet is retired, and 9888 is not on any public channel, so stop talking before you make yourself sound any more ridiculous.

4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Not really impressed with Windows 10.

Also stop begging for builds sheesh makes ya look bad. That being said how long does it take MS to realize that we want a way to switch between GUIs. I mean god damn...

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    liars are not welcome on MDL :eek:

6. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
  7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're right with your comment!

But, is that member a liar? It more looks like that he used and Google Translate or some like that to translate what he wrote in HIS native language and posted just the result he was getting.

That's exactly while I'm refusing to use an translator because of sometimes totally mis-translated content! I don't mind my English isn't perfect, I just try to use it as best as I think I could use my own generated words. That close friends of mine never had problems to understand what I told, and that includes well educated native English speakers with an Phd degree in English (UK)! And also see that much of mis-typed words from native English speakers on this Board, who, although claim not to understand what I had written, 'promote' their native English background, I would be very careful to name an other human a liar, special if he isn't a native speaker.

Fact is, the majority of MDL Members are Non-Native English Speakers!

Please don't take that as an offense, it's just how I'm thinking what way we should use to communicate with others.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    that sentence never gets produced out of a translator because single letters are not going to be interpreted as they are supposed to.
    Agree with you that most members are not native English speaking persons like the both of us

9. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    No they are not.
    I see a poster who joined within the last few days, claims to have something everybody wants, and claims too low of a bandwith to u/l it anywhere.
    Is it just me, or is this "pattern" familiar.
    I tend to be very cynical.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Even if I think someone were a Liar, I would tell that only with kind evidence. It's just that I didn't try or say to others what I didn't like they do to me!

Anyway, that post is suspicious and should be taken with care!

@PaulDesmond:
    I still think that the poster used an translator and isn't a native speaker. Unfortunately many users typing not correct on the Forum, using some short cuts which makes it sometimes difficult to understand the real meaning of the written words!

11. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    @pisthai - I agree with the use of translators not always giving the desired results. With people all over the world trying to communicate in a language not always native to them, it can get interesting at times. Like you, I'd never call anybody a liar without absolute proof.
    As mentioned before, the "pattern" caught my eye. At the end of the day the truth usually rises to the surface.

I also think if Mr. PD spent a little less time with his musical and wine drinking talents, and a little more time with his computer talents, we'd all be using build 9888 at this very moment. Posted with all the respect Mr. PD is entitled to...:D

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    :biggrin5: ...........

13. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Nah it's because google translate sucks at grammar so we get really amusing sentences out of it.

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    yep, that particular sentence made me write as I did and no translator was involved ... 2 cents

15. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I hear that low band width all the time, mostly is 100% BS - or Horse Hocky, it spent 43hrs uploading a special 12GB Recovery image for a person, who complained that i was too slow, so he
    bought the $200.00 program... and never a thank you, and besides he does not use/like Mega. but anyway 5 others said Thank you, and much Appreciated.
    Oh Yes, he has been warned about bad mouthing Admin. on that forum.
    next time he will be BANNED for Life .. and that is a long time...

16. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    That's why there will never be a universal translator like in Star Trek. There is the ability through noise cancelling and directional sound stuff to somewhat mimic how each person hears things, but the sentence structure is the hard part. It could only translate word-on-word, even if it used back heuristics based on the previous words of a grouping it would still likely make less sense than Google Translate. If you use things like Bing Translator on your phone that transposes the translated text on top of the words you photographed (it uses Optical Character Recognition to read the words then uses augmented reality to show you what is written) it's much the same, you can't get the proper grammar and syntax.

The good news is that text translators like Google translator could in the future show correct grammar and syntax through forward and back analysis of the source, kind of like an advanced version of grammar check as found in Word. The reason why this is relevant? I believe Microsoft are working on something like this for Cortana.

17. Sir007

Sir007 MDL Secret Agent

May 9, 2011
    Don't worry all is OK, so you doesn't need it anymore :D

18. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    no more releases until next year...u can d\l build 9879

19. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
  20. Stanzilla

Stanzilla MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2014
    you really don't want 9888, it's super broken