LTSC Won't Play Resident Evil 2 Remake

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Pearj, Aug 2, 2019.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
  2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I have tested this on a fresh install of Win 10 LTSC 2019 and a fresh install of Resi 2 (Codex)

To get Resi to run I downloaded and installed
    Along with
    Resi 2 installed and ran

Hope this helps.

3. Pearj

Pearj MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2017
    #23 Pearj, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    (OP)
    Yep - latest GPU driver. I've looked at the "Event Viewer", but I don't know how to use the stupid f^#&ing thing - it's a whole lot easier to tail -f /var/log/file.log.

This is a Tongfang laptop, the MB is generic - but I saw the issue with Asus boards, so I looked for "Nahimic". There's nothing in Task Manager; I even scanned the system for *filename*.

The DirectX installer I got was from the MS site.

I just did a search for "DirectX offline installer", found it on MS site, and was able to install it - that's the first time it's worked to install DirectX (it was already installed at the latest version though - but maybe this one has a file the other was missing). Now I'm gonna try the game...

WELL WHAT D'YA KNOW - THE GAME WORKS!!!!

I saw that trick about having to use the controler, so I plugged in our old PS4 controler to no avail. ..However, I can confirm RE2 Remake (fitgirl repack) works on LTSC - you may need to get the DirectX offline installer.

I already had Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed, and the DirectX web installer wouldn't install. "dxdiag" showed that I had the latest DirectX anyway - but - I think there was a piece of it missing because when I installed the offline installer, it worked to install DirectX......and now the game works.

-----

I may still have issues with the game, we'll have to see. I don't want to fire the game up completely until the wife gets back. (eg: They say there's an issue with cut-scenes - but I'm pretty sure that's a known issue.)

I intend on re-compiling LTSC and leaving it in it's stock configuration.. Like I said, all I really removed was IE and a few other minor things (like phone and fax stuff? - I don't remember them now). I did that intentionally so that I wouldn't have problems with missing stuff.

Apparently I knicked DirectX when I was chopping away, and the offline installer fixed it!

Anywhoo - I'll post again if there are more problems..

THANK YOU vuze4u !!! (and all other helpful people!)

4. ziGi

ziGi MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2019
    #25 ziGi, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Well maybe that fixed it for you or maybe it didn't, but let me tell you guys, I have wasted so many hours on TS-ing problem with game not starting, that it hurts. I have finally discovered that simply HyperV services running, caused the game not to start! ( VT-x feature to be correct, having it enabled in BIOS wont load the game.)

I see lot of peole have this issue but looks like nobody figured it out by now.

I bet this has to have something with Denuvo DRM protection, since either they or the guys who crack it use virtual instances.