@M$ supply a working Win 7.or pay $600.000.000 courtcase

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ThomasMann, Feb 20, 2018.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
  2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Yet he bought the Asus laptop with their "untrustworthy" software pre-installed :rolleyes:

That doesn't happen unless he's deliberately selected options to wipe the drive.

A lot of laptops come with a recovery image, so why isn't he using that? Or why not download a Windows 7 ISO and use the key on his COA sticker?

This guy would probably come up with another excuse even if Microsoft sent him a Windows 7 DVD o_O And I've got to say, it's sad to see how many morons there are that side with this guy instead of Microsoft.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    So they are of a different opinion to yours, hence morons?

Name calling is now accepted here on MDL; good to know.

5. GezoeSloog

GezoeSloog knows a guy, who knows another guy.

Feb 10, 2012
    A good surname to sue someone :giggle:

6. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
  7. I don't think the laptop's recovery image can fully restore an OS once it has been upgraded or re-installed. A recovery image is just that: recovery in case of failures and whatnot. It is not a complete disk image.

Also, Microsoft doesn't allow users to download windows 7 from their site. So, he cannot officially download windows 7. MDL is another story.

Hate does that to a person. But let's not forget what Microsoft did when Windows 10 was released forcing users to upgrade against their will.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    OP has an Asus OEM pc....his COA key won't work from M$

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I tested a sony COA, also a no go.

13. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    That depends. For example, I know that some laptops come with a recovery DVD and some also come with Ghost, which can fully restore the original version of Windows.

You can, but it depends on the type of key that you own. With a Google search you could also stumble across Adguards website where you'd find ISO's that download from microsoft.com.

Microsoft did try to force some PCs to install Windows 10, but that doesn't seem to apply to this guy as the document was signed 2/12/18. Microsoft stopped forcing the Windows 10 upgrade in August last year.

It's like I said, some people are supporting this guy because of their hate for Microsoft. As for Frank, he's no different than someone who burns down their house to get an insurance claim.

14. I don't know about you guys but in my opinion Microsoft deserves to be hated. History should not be forgotten and from my experience, no-one ever changes.

15. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
  16. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ThomasMann It seems too calculated.
    Ask a non tech-savvy family member what their license type is and they'll have no idea. He seems to know the difference between license types though.
    He fails to say how it was upgraded to Windows 10, but we know that it shouldn't of been forced onto his laptop.
    The upgrade doesn't do this unless he selected to keep nothing.
    How does his screw up make ASUS untrustworthy? The laptop originally come with an ASUS branded version of Windows 7, yet he wants an OEM copy from Microsoft instead :yeahright:

I didn't actually say that this guys a moron, but that some of the people leaving comments in support of him are.

Sure, I can understand why people might not like that Microsoft previously forced some people to upgrade, but so what? They'd rather support a guy who's obviously trying to commit fraud because f##k Microsoft, right? That just seems petty to me.

17. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    This lawsuit is just about money. He knows Microsoft will just settle out of court by sending him a brand new computer that can run Windows 10.

It's actually not worth fighting lawsuits like this on commercial reasons when you can settle out of court by giving him the replacement.

If I were M$ I would just send him a Win7 key he can use on that site.

P.S. I was impressed we got as far as post #6 before a comment on his name :)