Mac Office Outlook 2011 IMAP Problem

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by pereniumoid, Oct 27, 2011.

1. pereniumoid

pereniumoid MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2010
    Hi Everyone,

I've spent hours searching the Internet for a solution to a problem I'm having with Outlook 2011 for Mac, but have yet to find an answer. Any help you can provide would be really apprecitaed!

I have multiple iMacs (runing 10.6.x) accessing the same IMAP e-mail account over the Internet (not through Exchange server). The inbox and sent folders synchronize properly across the computers, except for the reply-to flags on messages that have been replied to. These reply-to flags are very important, as I need the users to be able to tell which messages have been replied to, and which are waiting for a reply.

Other e-mail clients I've tested - Mac Mail, Entourage, Outlook 2007 & 2010 for Windows - all show the reply-to flag icon, so this appears to be a problem with Outlook 2011 not supporting that feature. I've also tested on 2 different e-mail providers and got the same results.

Is this a case of Outlook 2011 not properly supporting IMAP? Or is there something I missed when I went through all the IMAP settings? I spent hours switching the users over from Mac Mail to Outlook, and would hate to have to spend the time to switch them all back.

Please help!

Cheers,
    Peter