macro virus in word 2007. Could view the name of macros. But Delete buttion greyed.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by jraju, Jul 17, 2013.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #1 jraju, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    Hi, sirs,

I got infected with macro virus in my word document. Whenever i open the document, it opens as document1 and if i go to view tab, and click view macros, 4 macros are shown. But i could not delete those, for the delete button is greyed. I add developer tab from word options, but if i click a view code in the developers tab, a page opens for this document and some entries as usually found in access documents,Omath right margin, etc. These are in 2 columns, the parameters in the first column and some specification in the second column, are there. Is it normal that normal dot templates contain this document macro codes or is this created by virus. I surfed the net and had done all the repairs as suggested by microsoft for this virus but to no avail. I have uninstalled with microsoft office uninstallation tool and reinstalled the ms office with administrators log in. The other users of this computer are not having any problem. But this user has.The macros are autoexit.Main,removefinexml Runfinereader and show are the 4 culprits. How i could i delete these macros. When i went to the organiser in the Style tab, for Document1(Document), when i click, i see the description, Hide until used priority 2. Please help.
    I had noticed irregular page layout, double paragraphing, and Bold Font for all the documents, i open. Are there any solutions, MDL members please.
    I wish to add that if i try to open 2 words, to capture the printscreen of this document, when the document is open, it does not allow another instance of word. Ok

2. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #2 jraju, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    (OP)
    Hi, Wow, i found the issue creating the problem and removed that to recycle bin. It was a template created by fine reader to my word program, and it was found in the %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup. it proved to be a macro virus, in that it has done the problem i mentioned in my starting thread. I appreciate the microsoft link in this regard, so that anybody affected with this may be benefited.the link isht tp://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us. There is no space between http. I once downloaded the finereader and since it is a trial version, i uninstalled it totally. It was long back. The behaviour started about 2 weeks back and i tried to restore to factory settings. Nope. I uninstalled using microsoft fixit 50154 and then reinstalled the ms office in administrators login. The problem was felt only in this user login. I do not know why these kind of templates are spread annoying the users by reputed handlers of software. Now i have removed the same to the recycle bin. Can i view it ?it was a dot file. Because, i want to see what the templates contain. How could i safely open to see this. Will it affect the normal templates again. So the link given above by microsoft has solved the problem and thanks for all those who would have tried to solve this problem. How this happened after a lapse of one year puzzles me.

3. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    I have deleted the file and from the recycle bin , using recuva from piriform, i recovered the file and stored in a different folder and then open the developer tool in the word to see the macros. O. I found the vba program to change the normal. dot to specific.dot in that file. Now the problem is over. I have learned a lesson now to download even trial version from secured site like majorgeeks.com. Thank you