:mad: Newer driver keep comming back!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by spkleader, Aug 12, 2015.

1. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Hello MDL!

I'm having a blast with some profilic drivers on Windows 10.
    It's a simple USB to COM interface... but profilic didn't added support for it in the newest drivers (which I belive that come with Windows 10) so it installs with an exclamation mark.
    BUT, I found out that if use an old old old driver version from 2008 that was signed by MS, it works without problem... till I disconect and reconect it.. then windows installs the newer driver again!

There's anyway to FIX this issue? It's driving me mad!

Thanks in advance.

2. arifkarim

arifkarim MDL Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Use windows update hide tool or use portable update. Both should fix your problem. ;)

3. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. spkleader

Oct 13, 2009
    Thanks for the answers guys!
    But the problem isn't with windows update. In fact, I just checked in anothercomputer, windows 10 doesn't have drivers for it.
    I've installed the new driver manually (there's no installer), then tried to uninstall using the option in the device manager (even told to erase the drivers) but they keep comming back even after installing the old version.
    I tried to erase them from he drivercache folder as well and boom, they're comming back like a plague! :D

Options?

5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Look if the driver sit's here C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. spkleader

Oct 13, 2009
    Welp, I did a mix :D
    and it seens to have fixed it.

Reinstalled the driver using the "use disk provided by manufacturer", it installed the old drivers, then did what arifkarim told me to do. The new driver didn't came back :)

Thanks for all the help guys!

7. arifkarim

arifkarim MDL Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Glad I could help! :biggrin: