Major Activation Difficulties

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Senzune, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Senzune

Senzune MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2010
    So, at some point, my PC went wacko and slow, I decided to reinstall it.

Windows 7, 64 bit.

Somehow, probably due to Microsoft, I lost my old loader which I can't recall it's name of, and now I am stuck with an unactivated Windows 7.

That's one of the problems. I fully reinstalled Windows 7 via the DVD from the repository here, and tried to download a few loaders. One version of 7Loader, which wasn't the one I had sadly, was removed instantly by Windows at the point when it finished downloading. I know this isn't possible if I use a version of Windows which doesn't have the security patches, so I suspected more.

Did Windows install files on my disk, or perhaps in the bios, which prevents me from downloading these loaders? Or is it because I had Windows connected to the Internet?

Then, I went: Okay, let's try Daz's loader. I chose the default settings, ran it as I should have, and then bam - Windows wouldn't load.

Fix: bootsect.exe /nt60 c:
    Problem: Windows 7 still not activated.

Now, I am reinstalling Windows 7 *again*, without it connected to the internet.
    As Daz's loader isn't going to work, I'm in need of another method since the old working loader isn't around here anymore. I can not find it via the repository, which I used to do.

What alternatives do you have for me? I'm not going to mod my BIOS as I am unexperienced with that, and Microsoft patched those anyway with WAT.

tl;dr: Windows 7 is a bitch and I need a proper loader.

2. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #2 Rosco, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Windows does not -

1. Modify your BIOS in any way - that would be criminal damage and illegal even for Microsoft;
    2. Prevent you from downloading any files from the internet - again this would be illegal;
    3. Microsoft have not patched much with WAT - all BIOS mods and many loaders still work;
    4. Daz's loader will probably work if you ask him for some help after you read the thread about it.

You can "re-arm" Windows so that you can legally run it in trial mode for 4 months - that ought to be enough time to sort out your activation problems.

Windows Vista and 7 are easy to activate thanks to the OEM companies like Dell etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...