Make a Activated Windows 8.1 Pro+WMC ISO

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Aug 30, 2013.

1. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    Thanks for the clarification, that's very interesting!

Sure thing, quoting a long post in its entirety is silly :) Thanks for posting with more info.

I don't know yet why I can't make the process work with win 8 *dat files, I will keep experimenting.

That's true only if you have a "correct" set of *dat files, see the posts above. Your WMC key won't be accepted otherwise. A correct set in this case means one that has, at some point, been activated with a Pro key. So even if you don't have a Pro key yourself, at least the person that you get *dat files from had to have one.

2. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Maybe tomorrow we buy a lottery, you win the euro thing, I win the HK Dollar. :laie:

3. efes34

efes34 MDL Senior Member

Nov 17, 2009
    #104 efes34, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Yeah man, the chances heh.. Reminds me of when i went to Kavos once in Greece (i am from the UK) and i randomly met a dude i was working with in the UK at a bar there. None of us knew Iver one of us were going just bump into each other. He was on some ruby stag do type thing and I was going to the raves.

Random creepy 1 in a million chance stuff happens every day heh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    You could also make an ISO with random data/tokens from a blocked key install + key for them and swap key after install with your own upgrade key. Shocked no one has uploaded a tormented one yet.

Basically if you find a random Pro WMC 8.1 ISO online download it and install it install then just swap your key and phone activate.

6. IvlievAnton

IvlievAnton MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    There is no way to restore backup of official windows 8 activation key in w8.1?

7. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    There is no direct method known yet to restore a windows 8 activation backup to windows 8.1.
    You can use to backup to insert it into a windows 8.1 installation iso with dism, as detailed in the first post of this thread.

However, If you have a legitimate Windows 8 key, you can just reactivate 8.1 with it and there is no need to restore an activation backup.

8. imadlatch

imadlatch MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2013
    I have legit key
    I did all steps Pre-activate not successful (only over internet activation successfully activation)
    as for Microsoft office pro 2013 I have to change the key after installation for activation
    --
    I did backup activated tokens.dat + data.dat from system32\spp\store\2.0 and replaced with mounted install.wim same destination
    Please help

9. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    I have not tried it, but I guess imaging the whole drive should bring back your windows in activated state when you restore the image? The footprint is around 10G, so a compressed image should be around 5~7G. :p

10. bulldog147

bulldog147 MDL Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Did anyone notice this?

Swap new graphic card on PCIx16 result from Activated to Not Activated.

11. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #113 murphy78, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I believe they changed the methods discussed here for ProWMC.
    As an example, if you set-productkey in dism on an offline ProWMC index, it will not set it to your key after install.
    Rather it will set it to the default key for win81.

There might be a way to accomplish this goal, however...
    setupcomplete.cmd

Make a %windir%\setup\scripts\setupcomplete.cmd
    with the following:
    Code:
    move /y %windir%\setup\scripts\data.dat %windir%\system32\spp\store\2.0\
    move /y %windir%\setup\scripts\tokens.dat %windir%\system32\spp\store\2.0\

Obviously you'd want to have data.dat and tokens.dat from your successful 81prowmc activation in the scripts folder.
    I haven't tested this because it's no biggie for me to simply copy the 2 files over myself, but if you wanna automate it, I believe that's how you do it.
    I don't believe you need to do a "cscript slmgr.vbs /ipk" command as the key is stored in the tokens.dat already, and simply copying it should suffice.

12. johnnygt

johnnygt MDL Senior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    so if i have 2 laptops/netbooks the same can i install windows 8.1 and just copy the data.dat and token.dat to new computer and it should activate ?

13. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    That might work, at least for a short while. In such cases, MS is able to detect that the Tokens have been tampered.

14. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    #116 FaiKee, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    (OP)
    I believe there must be hundreds(if not thousands) of activated win8.1WMC with the same *.dat files,....... probably hundreds of phone calls to MS trying to activate with my WMC key inserted into the ISO's. :laie:

Don't worry about it, slave77, MS doesn't give a sh*t to those activated win8.1's.

15. johnnygt

johnnygt MDL Senior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    :p ok so i'll just make another phone call to add to the other hundreds already made with your key :D to be safe

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Imagine the screaming, when those get deactivated on the fly....:cool2:.

It´s indeed nice to test in a VM, but as MS showed last year, that they can easily patch that, and this the silent way, so better use only own actvation info, aka Tokens.

17. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    #119 FaiKee, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    (OP)
    Nah, MS patched the loop-hole so you couldn't activate with the same trick, haven't heard of any de-activations, there were some occassional reports but found to be false alarms, the guy changed enough devices and it failed the windows start-up check. :p

And they didn't patch the loop-hole completely, as you could see, *.dat files from a retail-activated win8Pro could be used to activate Win8.1WMC for as many machines as you like.

18. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Hey FaiKee,

i've got your ISO w/ built in WMC and stuff from winclub and just ran in this error:

Untitled.png

Any advice how to fix this? Can I put my own key somewhere?